User Account Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Misslemike, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Misslemike

Misslemike Private E-2

Hi Geeks, Major problem here. Running Xp Pro, After I create a new user account I cant logon with that account. I get a windows cannot load profile---access denied error. The existing user accounts are fine but every new one and I cant logon. Any suggestions please

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

This the precise error?

windows cannot load profile---access denied

I may not be able to give you a good answer till tommorow, but I promise to do my best to find a resolution.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Are you sure that is the error, verbatim?

4. Misslemike

Misslemike Private E-2

In Event Viewer the error says :Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning correctly. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
    It is Event ID 1500

5. flessa

flessa Private First Class

How did you get to the Event Viewer? Maybe that will help me with my XP problem....think I will try the Help option and do a search...

oooohhhhh.........

"The shell stopped unexpectedly and explorer.exe was restarted."

Now just what the heck does that mean and how do I correct it?

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

tsk, tsk. No hijacking ;)

It means Windows Explorer crahsed and restarted.

Explorer.exe is your shell, the GUI.

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Are you on a domain or Peer to Peer?

8. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

or a workgroup?

9. Misslemike

Misslemike Private E-2

Hey Geeks, I think this might be solved-- some invading program downloaded from some restaraunt review site I was visiting. It changed my Guest account name and no one had any permissions in the security properties of Documents and Settings accept the Administrator. They were taken off by some script. I added the users who need permisions there like everyone and users accounts. I was then able to logon with my new accounts because now they had permissions to create profiles. It seems Adaware took care of most of what happened. The site I got slamed from was something called dine.com but I dont remember the exact name. Thanks for the help.

10. flessa

flessa Private First Class

Yeah, I know that. What I don't know is why it is crashing. the event log doesn't give me anymore info than that.

11. Tater

Tater Tot

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds