java in XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by annie, Sep 29, 2003.

1. annie

annie Private E-2

I just bought a new computer and have XP Home Edition installed. I cannot play some games from yahoo or popcaps. I am understanding that Microsoft has put extra security on XP that disables java. Can I get a fix for this problem? I am hoping some one can help me on this. My knowledge with computers is.... well. Let me put it this way, I can at times keep my head above water. With this problem, I'm sinking.
    annie

2. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

goto
    http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp and download the java vm.(big yellow button that says "get it now") Because of a lawsuit that SUn filed over microsofts VM, microsoft was no longer allowed to include it with the OS.

3. annie

annie Private E-2

I can't thank you enough Lt. Anti-Social for helping me get Java set up on my computer. It was driving me crazy , trying to find it on the computer when it wasn't even originally there.
    Thanks again, Annie

4. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi annie when you have got your java installed it will then pay you to go to the macromedia website to make sure you have
    Flash player and shock wave player installed
    correctly :)

5. annie

annie Private E-2

Thanks Nick I will do just that.
    annie

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds