Program needed...

Discussion in 'Software' started by mr_flea, Sep 30, 2003.

1. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

I need a program that can emulate a network cd drive as a local cd drive on a windows xp computer. Original CD Emulator will NOT work.

2. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

3. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

I've looked, and I don't think there are any freeware CD-drive emulators out there for XP. The last generation of them worked on 98, but they're no good with XP.

Google "virtual drive software XP" (no quotes) and see what you find.

4. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Not free....

but does Alcohol 120% do what you need??

5. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

6. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

You should checkout the freeware Daemon Tools. It can take a CD-ROM image-file (iso, cue+bin, etc) and create a virtual CD-ROM drive:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php (Sorry for not using Major Geeks but it is easier to search google than browsing the directory)

It is excellent if you are tired of swapping CDs if playing different games (or just playing a game on multiple cds). At the same time you prevent wearing out your precious CDs. Though it doesn't support emulation of network share as a CD-Drive

7. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Noted!

Thanks, snakefoot! I don't need an emulator just now, but I'll make a note of your endorsement. :p

8. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

eMulateCD won't work... it only works with the servers that the company (allion) sells. any other programs??? I have limited hdd space so it must run from the network cd drive and can't be one of the ones that just save an image on the hard drive.

9. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Ok...now I'm confused......

would the CD stay in the network CD drive???
    then all you need to do is share the CD drive and then map a network drive to it......

10. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

already did that - program doesen't see it as a cd drive and rejects it - you have to have something to trick it in to thinking it's a cd drive, or it won't work.

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Nero has a solution called Nero ImageDrive as well.

May help?

12. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

no that also places an image onto the hard drive...

13. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

(bump)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds