Matshita DVD-ROM SR-8175 Drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by kman, Sep 30, 2003.

1. kman

kman Private First Class

ANyone know where I can find a driver for this IBM Thinkpad A21P laptop DVD-ROM?

2. kman

kman Private First Class

Thanks, I have been there but I cannot find the driver I need

3. Chayse

Chayse Private E-2

What website(s) have you searched for this driver? I have the same DVD-ROM drive and I'm also looking for a driver.

4. ian33

ian33 Private E-2

I'm also looking for this driver - does anyone kow where to get it?

Ian

5. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

You don't require drivers for optical drives like DVD ROM's and CD ROMS and burners etc.

Windows has native support for all optical drives and has done since Windows 95b.

If you are having a problem with the device, then it has nothing to do with "drivers".

6. ian33

ian33 Private E-2

Thanks - in that case im having a different prpoblem. Im running Windows xp pro but im having problems reading from some cd roms. The problem seems to be related to CD ROM ive created myself but seems to be ok with commercially purchased CD ROM's. Ant ideas anyone?

Ian

7. Insomniac

It could really be anything.

More information is required.

What exactly are you burning and in what format?

What software are you using to burn it?

What procedure are you using etc? (EG do you burn multisession or single session and did you finalise the CD?)

Can you see the files in Windows Explorer?

8. ian33

ian33 Private E-2

I'm getting the same message each time:

Disk is not formatted. Windows cant read from this disk. Disk may be corrupted or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows.

All the CD's ive treid to read all work fine my other PC's

CD's were burned using either NERO or Easy systems drag n drop software - Not sure about format. Always used single session and finalised CD

I cant read the file from Windows explorer

Thanks
    Ian

9. Insomniac

One quick thing you can try is to disable IMAPI in services.

Go to Start, Run and type in services.msc

Scroll down to IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service and double-click it.

In the Startup type "drop-down box", select Disabled, Apply, O.K, then close the window and reboot and see if that solves it.

If not, then obviously your burning methods are wrong, so to diagnose the problem I will need to know exactly what and how you are burning etc.

10. ian33

ian33 Private E-2

Thanks - tried suggestion but it didnt work.

As far as burning goes, I use Nero 6 and simply follow the instructions. I dont set any parameters or do any formatting. I just insert a blank CD and the Nero software does the rest. Im having the same problem with all CD's I try (other than commercially bought ones), including those I get from friends. I therfore assumed it was something on my laptop. I recently loaded Windows XP Pro and opted for the NTFS file system if thats relevant.

Apprecite your help

Ian

11. Insomniac

It wouldn't have anything to do with NTFS as CD's use their own file system (mainly ISO), and it's independent of the operating system and cross-platform compatible.

Do CDR's burnt on your system play OK on other machines?

Try different brands of CD-R media (don't use CDR/W's for now until this is sorted), lower the write speed, or your burner may need a firmware upgrade.

Leave a firmware upgrade as a last resort and only if you are comfortable doing it.

Try a couple of different brands and lower the speed to 4x-8x.

You could also try cleaning the laser with a commercial kit.

That's all I can think of without having it here in front of me.

Good luck.

12. ian33

ian33 Private E-2

CD on my laptop is a CD/DVD rom so I cant write with it. Ill try different brand CD and lowering speed when burning - I'll let you know. Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds