E-MAil and Access....HELP????

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lordelin, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Lordelin

Lordelin Sgt. Nobody

I have a question. I think I know the answer but I figured I'd ask you all who are far better at this than myself.

I need to know if there is a way to incorporate Outlook Email files into an access database. The company i am at right now is wanting to incorporate some of the emails we get from pur customers into an access database. they are doing this because the folder on the network where they keep their order confermations is getting huge. They asked if there is a way to incorporate the emails into an access database and still be able to search through all the mails to find key works or order numbers.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this. I dont think it can be done. but I wanted to ask.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

make new database.. go to file.. get external data. import.. choose EXCHANGE from the file type selection at the bottom.. this will allow you to import from the current PST file on the local machine or perhaps from the exchange email account which outlook is setup for.

if you want to search for keywords you'll need to make a query for it and run it as desired.

the query for that would be this..

SELECT Inbox.*
    FROM Inbox
    WHERE (((Inbox.Body) Like "*" & [Please enter term to search for] & "*"));

open up your query editor and make a new query in design view.. switch to SQL view and paste that in.. then save it and test it. This query assumes that when you imported the inbox that you followed the defaults and the table name is INBOX.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2003
  3. Lordelin

Lordelin Sgt. Nobody

Thank you Obi Wan, I'll give that a try. :D

4. Lordelin

Lordelin Sgt. Nobody

Thank you for that Mr. Kodo san.

But I have another question......

What happens to the attatchments if there are any?

Does it save them as well?

inquireing minds want to know.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds