Display Screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by dazedandconfused, Oct 3, 2003.

1. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused Private E-2

this isnt really a computer problem,just a mystery and something of a nuisance.today,out of the blue,on the bottom of mydisplay screen,next to the normal icons,icons for 'my computer"and "floppy drive"have apeared.i have made no changes of any kind to any of my software and have no idea how this occured.re-starting the computer doesnt make it go away.asi said,its not really a problem,i just dont understand what made it happen and would like to remove it if i could,as it does annoy me some,lol.anyone ever heard of anything like this or have any solutions?thanks

2. dazedandconfused

i am running windows98se,and the icons are in the system tray.when i left clkick properties on my computer,taskbar options appere.when i click properties,it does bring a short cut to "my floppy".but i still dont know why they just started showing today,and i still cant figure out how to get rid of it

3. hw209

hw209 Private E-2

ok try this.right click on the taskbar and then go to the list you get and look under toolbars and anything that has a checkmark next to it like floppy etc uncheck it and they should disappear

4. dazedandconfused

sorry,i thought that would work too,but it didnt,both still there,.pretty weird

5. hw209

hw209 Private E-2

as long as you have the my computer icon on ur desktop and the floppy under my computer you may be able to just right click those icons on the taskbar and delete them.. if not then try this. right click on the taskbar and then properties and then see if show quick launch bar is ticked and if so try unticking that and see if that does it

6. dazedandconfused

sorry,that didnt work either,beats me,lol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds