Keep Google From Tracking Your Every Move Online

Discussion in 'Software' started by oma, Jul 6, 2010.

1. oma

oma MajorGeek

Found the link below some time ago and thought to share it with you if you're concerned about Google tracking you and collecting info. (to serve you better) ;)

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18936/keep-google-from-tracking-your-every-move-online/

1. Opt out of Google Analytics Tracking
    2. Opt out of Personalized Adsense Ads

I downloaded the free Analytics Tracking software for every browser I currently have as it is necessary to do so, per instructions. They all show as addons in their browsers. I don't need the Personalized Adsense Ads because for one reason or another I don't get them.

Of course, if you don't mind being tracked or Google suggesting sites for you due to your browsing habit, then just don't download it. :-D

Some pics to show how it appears in each browser.

Attached Files:

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Oma. I saw when you posted this in another thread. It is definitely worth it's on thread so people can find it.

Oops. Just realized this is not for google's Chrome browser as you had mentioned before. This is even better. :)

3. oma

oma MajorGeek

Thank you Laura. I've installed the software mentioned in my previous post on my three browsers, including Chrome.

The other software Unchrome mentioned in that other thread was about the Chrome EULA BROWSER agreement in that they could collect info about you using Chrome. Unchrome overwrites the # given to your computer by Google CHROME by writing zeroes over the given #'s instead. Here's the link again.
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=218483 - post # 11.

As far as I understand, the Opt Out Google Analytics and Opt Out of Ads applies to Google searches and such and not to the Google Chrome browser.

If I'm wrong, please anyone correct me. Thank you.

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

seems pretty sad that i have to download a plugin for firefox to disable this. maybe i can just block them all with adblock

5. bianca19801971

bianca19801971 Private E-2

thaxs oma voor duh iformation .

6. oma

oma MajorGeek

You're welcome bianca. (Graag gedaan)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds