Problem installing SimCity 4

Discussion in 'Software' started by tymeks, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tymeks

tymeks Private E-2

I'm trying to install SimCity 4 and it keeps getting to about 17% and says that it's having trouble transferring the SimCity.exe from the Media. It asks if I want to try again so I do but it doesn't work.
    This is the Delux Edition

Now I was playing Simcity 4 for a long time but it was a copy of my friends, But then I wanted to buy the expansion pack so I just went out and bought the delux edition. I uninstalled the Simcity that was on my computer to install my New one and it won't work????????

Any help is appreciated Thank you

2. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

I had a similar problem with my Sims game. I uninstalled it for some reason and later tried to reinstall it and the instalation wouldn't work. I don't know the reason why. I had to make sure that there was no trace of the old installation left on my hard drive. Only after the computer was wiped clean of the first installation did the reinstallation work.

You may have to manually find Sim City 4 files on your computer and get rid of them even thought you used the Add/Remove option. I asume you used Add/Remove to get rid of it.

I don't know if that helps or not.:)

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Try cleaning the registry and manually looking for related files on your HD. Maybe there are still some traces of it left and it wont let you overwrite them for whatever reason... <shruggs> i dno, never played the game

4. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Usually files copied from CD are locked. Many installers will not overwrite them. Thus a reinstall fails time after time unless you delete them manually or go into the folder and unlock them.

5. tymeks

tymeks Private E-2

Thanks for your guys help. I had to go and uninstall the files manually cause it didn't like the idea of overwriting them. But I got it to work. Thanks again.

Does anyone know where I could find A no-cd crack for this game. I don't like the idea of having to put my Cd in everytime and stuff. I own the game some I'm not stealing or nothin.

Thanks

6. qwer

qwer Private E-2

MY Simcity game wont install it says simcity 4 deluxe is not a win 32 apication how can that be i hav windows xp

7. qwer

qwer Private E-2

my simcitygame wont install it says simcity4 deluxe is not a win32 aplication how can this be i hav windows xp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds