help with macintosh

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hamina, Oct 5, 2003.

1. hamina

hamina Private E-2

In my home I have a PC with XPpro on it, and a MAC with OS9.2
    :eek:
    I remember there was a way to share a folder in NT for mac users, where is it hiding in XP ?

TIA

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

This can be problematical at best and a nightmare at worst. If you have frequent file changes it may be worth it.
    But if you only need to transfer a few files, use Hotline. We run a real managerie of systems here and Hotline has a client out for most of them. We have a dedicated server and it hosts the files. By far the least trouble of any set up we have tried.

3. hamina

hamina Private E-2

mmm...

Thanks, but that doesnt make sence... to transfare files all over the internet instead of inside the net?

I use this feature a lot at work, but I have servers there.. not pro...

4. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Hotline is a LOCAL server, you download a copy and start your own server. Then sign on with a local client. I have used it on ships, far from any internet access.
    HL also clears up any file sharing problems between Win98/2000/XP, Mac, QNX, and Linux.

http://www.tracker-tracker.com/hotline/utilities/
    for download

Hotline is an awesome tool for a community builder. File sharing is easy, administration options are vast, chatting and bulletin boards are available. You can view text, pictures, and play movies directly from the Hotline client and all without an internet connection.

5. hamina

hamina Private E-2

Ok...

Sound great.... a bit overkill for my needs but I'll give it a try

10X

:cool:

6. william_grace

william_grace Private E-2

http://www.thursby.com/

http://www.thursby.com/ - There is always Dave and an option this has always worked for me.

I think NT had the ability to use AppleShare, the Apple's Networking protocol.

You should be able to share the Mac using TCP/IP and all should work fine with Mac OS 9.

Hey thats a ryme, so I am a poet and I don't know it :)

7. Iceburg

Iceburg Private First Class

Whats a "Macitosh?"

8. william_grace

william_grace Private E-2

The best/fastest home computer on the planet!! Thats a Mac...

Then again I don't own one.

9. MaCsRbEtTeR

MaCsRbEtTeR Guest

MAC

Well first make shure u set up the net in the wizard and then u need to make shure u have the netware ipx installed under the protocol and then u need to make shur that you windows file sharing is enabled and that your work group or "network will alow it" Hope that helps

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds