help. how can i..

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gnee, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Gnee

Gnee Private E-2

how can i install windows 2000 over windows xp ..??

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Format and reinstall 2k.

I guess you could install to a new folder as well.

Or boot to the cd and just install from there.

I reccomend the format though.

3. Gnee

Gnee Private E-2

i wanna keep all my programs and mp3's though :( is the only way to partition harddrive..? and use xp and 2k

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

You'll just have to back up everything first, unfortunatley. Why you want to go back to 2k anyways?

5. Gnee

Gnee Private E-2

u can switch 2000 pro too 2000 server and vice versa :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2003
  6. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Yes but that's illegal :eek:

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Give me an honest answer why and how you would use 2k server at home over Pro.

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

The only thing server offers more than pro is the fact it can run more than one website in IIS, and it can act as a domain controller. AFAIK

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I was looking for answer from Gnee ;)

Goldfish, you just mind your own business ;)

j/k :D :D

10. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

All windows are the same, Windows NT server is Windows NT workstation, only difference is some modifications, so all you have to do is modify some stuff and when you reboot it will actually show Windows NT vice-versa, Tim O'reilly demonstrated this and posted a tool to do this but MS asked him to take it down, and he did. I'm not gonna say more because it's illegal...

11. Gnee

Gnee Private E-2

so sue me :)
    take me too jail

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds