PS3 ethernet to PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lego126, Jul 17, 2010.

1. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

ok Heres the link of my question. http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1510645&posted=1#post1510645
    I posted it in software not paying attention, but maybe the real networking experts can help!!! I am currently getting media sharing to PS# from PC, and with both network off, when I go to ICS, I get an error message, I will post picture and see if anyone can help me.

It's error code 1061. Cannot enable shared access. blah.. blah.. blah...
    In the pic I tried to include everything in the pic - the IP address setting, and such, but if anyone can help i'll PM them to you so you can take a look at them. When I go into my PS3, I'm getting computer media, but when I try to get online, I'm getting a DNS error.. Thanks for taking the time to help if you can or any suggestions

Attached Files:

2. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

OK I managed to get past the first error code and now I am getting another error code. "error 765 cannont enable shared access".
    Which basically means that there is another device,( which in this case is the verizon usb modem I believe) on the network is already assigned to the IP address, or DNS numbers or something. My networking IQ is not very good. :confused
    So what I think is happening, is that the verizon modem is set to configure my network setting on my PC. Well when I turn on ICS, my PC acts as a router and tries to configure the networks, and the verizon network manager is stopping it or not letting the router(pc in this case)reset it's IP address.
    Any help would be great

3. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

I got it!!!! Just to let everyone know. :cool :cool I knew it was something simple. When I configed the PS3, I set the DHCP the "admin" and it is great!!!

4. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

congrats lego126!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds