Audio driver for Intel Brookdale-G i845G

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-8e8fc54365, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Anon-8e8fc54365

Anon-8e8fc54365 Anonymized

Custom built computer with IBM Rev 1.3 motherboard. Reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP and now can't find the right driver for the on-board sound card.

Everest Report:

Code:
    --------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
          Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows XP Professional
          OS Service Pack                                   Service Pack 3
          DirectX                                           4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
          Computer Name                                     
          User Name                                         

Motherboard:
          CPU Type                                          Intel Pentium 4, 2800 MHz (21 x 133)
          Motherboard Name                                  IBM 
          Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Brookdale-G i845G
          System Memory                                     512 MB  (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
          BIOS Type                                         Phoenix (07/03/03)
          Communication Port                                Communications Port (COM1)
          Communication Port                                ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
          Video Adapter                                     All-In-Wonder 128 PCI  (16 MB)
          3D Accelerator                                    ATI Rage128 Pro
          3D Accelerator                                    Intel Extreme Graphics
          Monitor                                           Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]  (356 50H 14390)

Storage:
          IDE Controller                                    Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB
          Disk Drive                                        MAXTOR 6L040J2  (40 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
          Disk Drive                                        Maxtor 5T040H4  (40 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
          Optical Drive                                     LG CD-RW CED-8042B  (4x/4x/24x CD-RW)
          SMART Hard Disks Status                           OK

Partitions:
          C: (NTFS)                                         38154 MB (27940 MB free)
          D: (NTFS)                                         38162 MB (791 MB free)
          Total Size                                        74.5 GB (28.1 GB free)

Input:
          Keyboard                                          Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (IntelliType Pro)
          Mouse                                             Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse (IntelliPoint)
          Mouse                                             Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Mouse (IntelliPoint)

Network:
          Network Adapter                                   Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection  (192.168.1.109)

Peripherals:
          USB1 Controller                                   Intel 82801DB ICH4 - USB Controller [A-1]
          USB1 Controller                                   Intel 82801DB ICH4 - USB Controller [A-1]
          USB2 Controller                                   Intel 82801DB ICH4 - Enhanced USB2 Controller [A-1]
          USB Device                                        USB Composite Device
          USB Device                                        USB Human Interface Device
          USB Device                                        USB Human Interface Device

Problems & Suggestions:
          Problem                                           Disk free space is only 2% on drive D:.

Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could we have a more comprehensive Everest log please as yours is missing any data on audio, do follow the instructions below as written, including attaching, cheers.

3. Anon-8e8fc54365

Sorry. Was trying to condense to get just the important info and apparently left too much off.

Attached Files:

4. DavidGP

Hi

Seems as if you didnt leave much out as that motherboard doesnt seem to want to give up information on onboard audio, are you sure it has any? but I would have gathered it did work before the reinstall?

Try this below

In Device Manager are their any yellow ! marks and if so by what devices?

Then if any are Audio or unknown can you open their properties and in the Details tab click in the dropdown under Properties and choose Hardware IDs and copy and paste them into your next post, just need any from unknown or Audio, not of the others as they will have names with them.

5. Anon-8e8fc54365

Yeah, there's definitely sound built onto the motherboard, and it worked before the reinstall. Just forgot to copy all those drivers before the reinstall.

There's an unknown device under PCMCIA with nothing listed under Hardware IDs.

6. DavidGP

Hi

Try the other other information app I mentioned earlier and attach its results, very weird that an Audio chip wont list, the thing is I could give you any audio chip driver thats listed for use on a Brookdale-G i845G motherboard, but each different OEM adds different chips from ADI - VIA so it could be a number of them just trying to find a ID code to the chip like Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB(M) ICH4(-M) - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-0]

7. Anon-8e8fc54365

Here's the Speccy report.

Attached Files:

8. DavidGP

Hi

Cheers for taking the time to do that log, sadly that too is not seeing an audio card listed, so check in the bios that the onboard audio is enabled?

But looking over the information for motherboard etc, you could give this a try, cannot say it will work or not but the drivers are common to what Intel supply

Chipset HERE, install and reboot then install the Audio HERE

9. Anon-8e8fc54365

Thanks. I could have sworn I had checked the BIOS settings first, but I guess not. That fixed it, and everything is working now.

10. DavidGP

HI

Great stuff and no problems, glad you came back and updated me on this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds