XP critical patch for media player

Discussion in 'Software' started by twinny, Oct 8, 2003.

1. twinny

twinny Sgt. Spam

Anyone having a problem installing this?? When i click on install, it starts, then goes to blue screen, and says i have a driver problem. Haven't installed anything new in the past 6 months. Just updates to Norton, adaware, and XP.
    It just wont install the fix.

2. HASSELBLAD

HASSELBLAD Sgt. Smirnoff

No, I didn't have any problems.

Did you shut down your AV, firewall, etc. during the install?

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Keep in mind that there are some audio editting programs out there that use plug ins with Windows Media Player.

Maybe they are conflicting.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

It installed for me OK... but seemed to kill a game I have installed as it worked before the Install but not after the update! ( SR didnt help the problem either )

Adrynalyne.......... cheers you have given me a thought, maybe I need to install some codecs again.

5. twinny

twinny Sgt. Spam

I had shut off everything running, and still blue screened on me, but after searching thru the codes, i found it to be an IDECHNDRV.sys corrupt file. Strange, was ok before i attempted to install that upgrade. I reimaged the disk, as i always ghost it every Sunday, now its fine, and it installed ok this morning. Not the first time an upgrade from MS messed me up. Thats why I always ghost the main drive once a week.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds