I need an ActiveX veiwer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Minus, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Minus

Minus Private E-2

so im on a site that has streaming video links so when i click on the link, a new window pops up to view it but nothing plays, i click on it and i get a prompt saying this:

There is no veiwer available for the type of obeject you are trying to open. the following information is available for this object.

Possible location of veiwer: Microsoft ActiveX Gallery

Do you want to go to this location to download a viewer for this type of object???
    [Yes] [No]

i click yes and it takes me here: http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/default.asp

i go to activex control gallery but i dont where to go or what i need to download from here. Can anyone help????

P.s. im using IE5 and win 98

2. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

Do you have a QuickTime player? A QuickTime player is used to view online content.

If you don't have one you can go to www.apple.com and click on the quicktime link and download a copy for free.

3. Minus

Minus Private E-2

i do have quicktime but i think thats a whole nother problem, i recently downloaded the latest version of quicktime but when i try and open mov. files nothing happens, but yes i do have it

4. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

hhmmm... I'm not sure what to do then.

Quicktime not working either...... Go to Start Menu, Control Panel, Quicktime. Play with the settings and see if that works.

If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling quicktime. When you uninstall it, make sure there is no trace of it left on your system. Use Add/Remove and then go through your computer and manually get rid of what Add/Remove didn't. Reinstall quicktime when you are totally sure the old installation is 100% gone and see if quicktime will work properly. Hopefully that will solve the problem of the .mov files.

5. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

I went to the link you posted and found some downloads for you. To view online content you may need a Macromedia Player and there are two you can download at this link http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

There is a Flash Player and a Shockwave Player. I think the Flash Player has the ActiveX components you need.

I'm not an expert with this type of stuff, so if anyone else reading this thread disagrees and has a better solution, please correct me and help Minus.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds