Word - Auto Text problem using Terminal Services

Discussion in 'Software' started by zebulebu, Oct 9, 2003.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Private E-2

Hi folks

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the following.

We're running Word 2k through terminal services and have a problem with auto text entries. A user can add an auto text entry as normal, but when they close Word, it returns a message stating that they can't save the changes to the global template because it was opened with read only access.

My problem is this: Even if I could do it (possibly by re-publishing Word and changing a n option somewhere) I don't think I actually WANT changes to be made to the global template because that would affect all users.

Does anyone know of a way to link changes to auto text entries to a user's profile so that each time they log in and open word, their their auto text entries are available to them?

Cheers in advance, this one's driving me bats :(

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I believe you can do this.

make a copy of the templates folder and put it in the mydocuments folder of the users. then each user must change their default file location for the templates in the word options to point to the new folder. then when word loads up, it SHOULD point to THAT location instead for all templates.

3. zebulebu

zebulebu Private E-2

Superb. Had been fiddling with this for an hour until your answer.

Cheers!

ZBLB

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds