regedit

Discussion in 'Software' started by dabombk1, Oct 10, 2003.

1. dabombk1

dabombk1 Private First Class

says"error while deleting key" and won't allow me to delete an entry left over after uninstalling regsupreme. the key is at HKU/software/microsoft/windows/cv/expl/menuorder/programs. i tries to delete the key w/adm rights but no luck. anyone know why and how i can remove? thanks

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

tried using REGEDT32 ?

3. dabombk1

thanks

but still no luck "error while deleting key"

4. zebulebu

zebulebu Private E-2

tried logging in using a different account (one with admin rights)?

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

when you used regedt32, did you check the security permissions on the key in question? at the top menu is a security menu item. Click that when you're on that key and make sure your account has privies to delete it. if that doesn't work, then something is loaded up in memory.. some service or something that is using the key maybe.

6. dabombk1

thanks kodo

your the man and learned someting new

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

glad you got it ;)

8. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

It's on your computer. Not knowing your OS do a search/find for REGEDT32.EXE - I believe this for Windows NT, 2000, and XP, not sure about Win9x, though.

9. dabombk1

just

key it in on run. works 4 me

10. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

You're welcome :) don't ya just hate it when this happens? ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds