"Click to Run" Pop up window HELP

Discussion in 'Software' started by cnb_20, Aug 12, 2010.

1. cnb_20

cnb_20 Private E-2

I wasn real for sure where to post this.....

Sometimes when I connect to the internet I get this message: An update for microsoft office home and business 2010 - English is now available online. Please remain connected to the internet for the duration of the update. Do you wish to start downloading the update now ? X OK X Cancel

Heres a SS of the message:

[​IMG]

Does anyone know if this message is legit? or If it could be an attack of some sort or another?

Thanks,

CB

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes Click to Run is legit and at some point you may have not noticed on install or actually installed a beta update for this, Click to Run can be disabled and see the link HERE (click on Update test for Click-to-Run Office 2010 products link) on how to do this.

I have Office Pro Plus so dont have that option, and update Office via Windows Update, if you dont have a listing for Click to Run, in the help menu, then are you using a beta version of Office or a full retail version and what version is it? (Home and Student, Professional, Professional Plus, Business etc)

3. cnb_20

cnb_20 Private E-2

We have the trial version of 2010 home and business trial version.. I didnt know my wife had started the trial.... So I can click OK then

Thanks alot for your help

-CB

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi CB

Yes click OK as it will update Office for you.

Its a great version of Office, so if you get the chance once your trial has ended (normall 60 or 90 days iirc) I would see if you can get the full version cheaply, sometimes you can from trials.

5. haplo888

haplo888 Private E-2

I really want to disable the Click To Run popup for my starter version, very annoying. But this forum has been completely moved. Do you have a new link to the thread?

Thanks

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds