Compaq Presario v6000 won't turn on anymore.. Please help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by niceyo2002, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niceyo2002

niceyo2002 Private E-2

This morning, my compaq presario v6000 stopped turning on. The only thing that I've found weird is that the light indicator of the charger (on the right) still turns on blue. But still, no power. Also, whenever I press the power button, I see a blue light that flashes three times on the battery indicatior.

The first thing I tried was connect the charger without the battery to see if it would turn on. Still, nothing. The only thing I see that lights up is the charger light, and the battery light flashing three times. Is there anything else that I can do to fix this problem? Any response will be appreciated, thanks.

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Strange,it does sound like battery problem.You can try a cmos reset,disconnect power and remove battery,usually under the memory hatch 'It may be somewhere else' you'll find a small coin shaped battery,remove it for 30 secs then replace.

Put you battery back and connect power and try to boot,you also need to test your battery and power pack for voltage and current tolerance.

3. voodoo3rd

voodoo3rd Corporal

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

One thing springs to mind in check that your ram is seated in the socket properly, will need to open up the ram cover of the PC so have it off and unpluged from the mains adapter charger. If it has two ram modules, just plug one in at a time to test to see if you have a dead one, if both work ok pop both in and see if ok/

Born out more by the link above to the LED flashing lights troubleshooter.

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

On my HP 3 power light flashes when I hit power means not enough charge in battery when running on only battery,that's the actual 'power on' button that blinks though not the battery light,caps or numlock lights.

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Yes, it seems like a memory problem- I was about to give a different link to HP, that has pictures, too, so still worth posting.
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...21957&prodSeriesId=1842076&objectID=c01732674
    Rikky posted as I did, and that can also be the problem- Wasthe time and date showing accurately before it crashed (cmos), and check the charge pin to see if it is charging properly- or, see if someone else has a similar laptop to check/charge the battery

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  7. askew

askew Private E-2

If checking the RAM and CMOS as advised above doesn't help, I would try to get hold of another charger and try that one in your laptop. (sounds like the charger might have burnt out to me)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds