HP Scanjet 5200c- XP Compatible

Discussion in 'Software' started by Robert, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Robert

Robert Sergeant

the above scanner which was quite expensive to buy here in Australia has been a source of intense dissatisfaction with me ever since it flatly refused to work with usb. Finally gave up and now use it as a parallel connection. W98 now and thinking of going up to XP. Does anyonone know if Xp will pick it up given M$ boast of backward compatibility or am I in for another hellish experience?? Advice much appreciated.
    Robert

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Well, W98's USB support was always a bit flaky, IMX. Win2k/XP does a much better job.

3. Robert

Robert Sergeant

Xp & HP5200C

Thanks Guys. Will look at the Drivers site recommended. On the other hand I might just throw this grunting, resistant piece of Crap into a recycle bin and get a better (not HP) brand.
    Cheers
    Robert

4. section 103

section 103 Private E-2

Just joined this site and saw this thread. I have a HP 5370c that ran fine on win98se. On XP I cannot install the driver. I can, however, access the scanner from the XP scanner wizard and it gives me enough control to make it acceptable. I'm very disappointed with the quality of the HP.... my next will be an Epson.

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Here ya go. One driver for the 5200 using XP. HP.

6. Robert

Robert Sergeant

Hp5200C

Many Thanks to all. I bow to consensus opinion and the Scanner will go where it really belongs (rubbish tip) when I upgrade. As a fairly constant buyer of upgrade equipment HP is not a brand that will ever be part of any future purchases.
    Robert

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds