Help with missing DLL

Discussion in 'Software' started by ryalmokas, Oct 12, 2003.

1. ryalmokas

ryalmokas Private E-2

I'm missing a file called TSAD.DLL

I know it's Spyware. However I have an older version of PKWARE that put TSAD.DLL in my W98 directory. Now that TSAD.DLL has gone missing I cant open previously zipped files, because I get the message that TSAD.DLL is missing.

Can anyone tell me where to get this DLL; or, if you have a copy,could you email it to me (ryalmokas@hotmail.com)?

Thank you!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. ryalmokas

ryalmokas Private E-2

I'm on a Catch-22 situation. The location given has a TSAD zip file. Of course I cant unzip it, 'cause that's my problem - my PKWARE doesn't work without TSAD.DLL.

Help!

4. Lonny

Lonny Private E-2

Did a spyware remover remove it ?
    use its backup or get a better zip program like winzip
    sure it has a nag screen but you can keep using it
    and its not loaded with spyware.
    Edit
    Or gee reinstall pkzip
    Lonny

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

SORRY!

you have mail ;)

6. ryalmokas

ryalmokas Private E-2

Thanks. I forgot that SpyBot would have backed up what it was going to remove. I found tsad.dll there, and restored it.

7. Lonny

Lonny Private E-2

Great I had a similur problem But the version of pk I had
    refused to run unless I let it reinstall itself,, should be safe if you block it with a firewall.
    even if not I dont think its tecnicly spyware (not sure)

Lonny

8. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

TSAD.DLL is a part of TimeSink. That is most certainly SpyWare.

9. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Try one of these free utils. without any adware. Didn't see any at MG's.

10. Lonny

Lonny Private E-2

You absolutly correct I should have
    1 said nothing :)
    2 thought about it first :)
    3 checked it out before commenting :)

Lonny

11. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Hey, I wouldn't have known about it except I got kicked off my schools network thanks to TimeSink.

See, I had a firewall installed, and something I installed also installed TimeSink. This was over 4 years ago, so spyware itself was fairly obscure still. TimeSink responds to being firewalled (or otherwise denied a connection) by increasing the number of requests by one for each failed attempt batch. So by tthe time I randomly turned off my firewall, TimeSink had decised to try to contact about 20 random web servers about 100 times in the space of 3 seconds... every half hour. These web servers contacted my school about abnormal use, and they kicked me off for "hacking". I had to apologize to get back on, although they couldn't actually prove what was going on was wrong (or my fault). Indeed, I was out-of-town and my computer in a locked room during the time I was supposed to be "hacking".

Needless to say, my old school's IT department was not made up of particularly bright stars. This is the same division that assigned my roomates MAC address to be dynamically assigned IP x.x.x.255... which is the broadcast address that gets dropped by every router on the Internet since it is reserved for LAN traffic.

Yes, I know TimeSink well.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds