I got a question.

Discussion in 'Software' started by lhystory, Oct 12, 2003.

1. lhystory

lhystory Private E-2

So Hi, I just wanted to find out something. I have an .exe file, whenever I double click it, it brings up CMD.EXE and in it it tells me that Program Too Big to Fit in Memory. Any ideas?

2. lhystory

lhystory Private E-2

XP Pro, DDR332 1 GIG memory....

3. lhystory

lhystory Private E-2

I downloaded this file on IRC, and its a plain simple .EXE file...it just says its too big to fit into memory.

[​IMG]

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I am not sure what the problem is, but XP supports zip extraction, so that isnt the problem...

5. lhystory

lhystory Private E-2

No, I renamed it in PROPERTIES to .ZIP, so I could try to EXTRACT them out of there, but It doesnt work, it still remains the same. Trust me Im not stupid, I tried renaming it, zipping it, Raring it, I tried ALOT of things...but it doesnt seem to work....

6. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Have you, by chance, turned off your paging file?

Are you running a program in DOS compatibility mode?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  7. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

If neither of those are the case, it is likely the file is corrupted.

Try: "copy Halo_demo.zip NUL" and then try to open it. Check the file size against the size it claims to be on the server you downloaded it from.

8. lhystory

lhystory Private E-2

Paging file? Ur making me feel like a noob man.

9. lhystory

lhystory Private E-2

how do i check if its on not. and, if its off, will it have any effects on the system while on and how do i turn it on

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds