to transfer, or not to...

Discussion in 'Software' started by imgnf, Oct 12, 2003.

1. imgnf

imgnf Private E-2

Okay, as I posted in hardware forum, I just purchased a new pentium 4. It's faster, stronger, able to leap tall build... well, anyway, I'm wondering if it would be wise to take the hard drive from the old computer, and mount it in the new one, thus causing a second hard drive, in order to transfer files from that to the new hard 80gig drive. I'm pretty certain the files aren't corrupted, but I'm still a bit leary about doing it. It would be easier that way, but would it be safe. Once I've transfered all the files I want from the old hard drive, then I should be able to take it back out, right? Or should I just leave it in? yikes....:confused:

2. imgnf

imgnf Private E-2

okay.

Okay, robo, thanks. I kind of figured so, but wanted to be sure. The mother board I had put in has two separate plugs in it for two hard drives. So I don't have to worry about slaving it. I'm not sure yet if I'll keep the extra hard drive in or not. May put it back into the pavilion and sell the stupid thing. Then again.... who knows? But, either way, I like your idea of reformatting it. Sounds good.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds