internet sharing problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by foreverknight, Oct 14, 2003.

1. foreverknight

foreverknight Private E-2

I'm internet sharing with my son
    I have windows xp pro with a broardband modem my son has windows 98
    the problem is that although our network works my son seems to be able to see my computer faster than i see his also and more important that when he is online i seem to lose alot of speed on my internet programs ie-internet explorer and outlook express
    it seems like his computer somehow takes all the bandwidth as above programs seem to download fast on his and mine very slow when he is online
    I would be interested in knowing off any sugestions of software on my computer that can limit the amount of bandwidth aloted to each computer for use or to each program while in use
    so as i get a bigger share of the bandwidth while he is online

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

are you sharing over a hub? or are you sharing through the XP machine?

3. foreverknight

foreverknight Private E-2

re-reply

Thankyou for responding to my question
    yes XP computer as there is only one computer sharing though network - I find Xp is ideal for networking also it seems abit exessive to route though a hub although it does have advantages it also comes with its own problems

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds