apples and dsl

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by imgnf, Oct 17, 2003.

1. imgnf

imgnf Private E-2

Hey, guys, my son in law wants to find DSL for his apple computer. I didn't know that there would be a difference between DSL for Mac's and PC's. Is there? What should he be looking for? Thanks for any help.

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Look for a DSL provider that advertises Mac as a client. Our resident Mac user, Monica, uses Speakeasy and is happy. I use a router to a cable modem here for our Macs.

http://www.speakeasy.net/

Understand that DSL is seldom an easy startup, usually there are delays and interruptions for the first three months. Some times it goes smoothly, but often not. go through the set up time patiently and carefully, keep records and you will get a very stable connection.

3. imgnf

imgnf Private E-2

thanks

Thanks for the help on that. He found a local provider, and of course he's heard all about how wonderful DSL is, and that cable is horrible. I've had cable for 3 years, and I love it, and have had little trouble. I told him that it really doesn't matter which you have. Whatever happens happens. But I'll let him know about the setup. I'm sure nobody's told him about that from the company he's getting it from

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds