Cooling down my new CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vamp11-gohan, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Vamp11-gohan

Vamp11-gohan Private E-2

Hey I just purchased a P4 2.6c OEM and as most know teh OEM dont come with a heat sink or fan. So....anyone got any suggestions for wut to use .. companies? specific fans? heatsinks? etc?

Tnx

2. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Overclocking??

I am a big fan of Thermalrights products....

an SLK-900u or SP-94 with a fan of your choice..

3. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Thermal Take is good
    Zhalman for quiet
    Or you can get WET! (water cooling)

4. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

same here.

SLK 900U w/ 92mm Papst fan, pretty good circulated case. 32*C idle on AthlonXP 2000+ @ 1,914Ghz. :)

5. aceadrian1

aceadrian1 Private E-2

If you want the best, without having to opt for peltier or anything, go for thermalright.

Slightly more bugdet ones of notice are Vantec... and that's all I can think of ATM :)

In my humble opinion, Thermaltake aren't the best for heatsinks. They are OK, but not the best - more flashy than anything else. Not worth it.

6. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

I'm using a cheapo 60mm Speeze all copper heatsink that I had relapped with a aluminum adapter I made to mount an 80mm Speeze fan on top. My CPU temp is 34c right now.

7. steve Max

steve Max Private First Class

cpu temps

Just built a computer with a athlon 1800 asrock mb apacer 256ram and using stock heatsink and fan. I am getting temps at 56c. Downloaded aida32 syst anal and says temp is 76c. How accurate are the mb sensors. Also own a 24oo athlon and it runs 42c but has arctic silver under it. Have aida32 in it as well and the numbers are the same. thanks

8. Vamp11-gohan

Vamp11-gohan Private E-2

OK i took some of ur advise and decided Im goin with a Thermalright heat sink I settled on the SLK-947U heatsink.

anyone have any reason not to get that one?

and i still need suggestions on a good fan company

9. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Great heatsink...

fan?

Hmm...

amazing cooling but slightly louder than a fighter jet taking off from and aircract carrier would be the Vantec Tornado....

good cooling, adjustable speed not near as loud...the Tt Smartfan II

decent cooling and silent (what I switched to) a Vantec Stealth 92mm fan....

10. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

big fan of Papst fans, they cost a tad more but are alot more quiet while pushing the air along than most other fans :)

11. Vamp11-gohan

Vamp11-gohan Private E-2

Alright i have researched some of the names u've thrown at me and decided on the SLK-947U with then Vamtec Tornado as my fan so thanks alot and once i get my new system up and running ill be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

Also if u can take a look at my new thread "powering it up" and gimme some suggestions on powersupply's that would be great

thnx all

12. Vamp11-gohan

Vamp11-gohan Private E-2

hey this might seem like a really stupid Q but....I just got my 92x92 vantec tornado and SLK 947U heatsink and i dont see any way to attach the fan to the heat sink.....please adivise..lol..

13. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

14. Vamp11-gohan

Vamp11-gohan Private E-2

lol hey thanks fleppen dont mind me lol....

i got everythin hooked up but i was wondering....are there any 92mm case fans that move NEAR 100cfm and are quieter then the tornado?

15. item.man

item.man Private E-2

Stock Fan

Maker: DELTA
    Model: FFB0912EHE
    Size: 92 x 92 x 38 (mm)
    Bearing: Dual Ball Bearing System
    Voltage: 12V
    Speed: 4800 rpm
    Air Flow: 110.18 CFM
    Noise Level: 55 dBA

HOLY CRAP 55dBA! :S

i cant get a 947U i havent got the right mobo :( *pulls out 9mm caliber and points by cpu socket corners*

*pulls gun back* someones gonna get hurt.....ill settle froa 900A :D

Last edited: Nov 2, 2003
  16. Vamp11-gohan

Vamp11-gohan Private E-2

ya the tornado is only 1 db abouve the stock delta fan

the tornado is a 56 Db fan

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds