Corrupt Network?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chinook, Oct 31, 2003.

1. chinook

chinook Private E-2

I have 2 network cards for 2 computers that connect to my computer, plus a USB cable modem to connect to the internet. I set it all up with Windows ICS and everything worked fine. Every now and again somehow it would break, and I ended up setting it up again and again, as long as it worked again afterwards. I've had this happen to me in the past - eventually the entire network would just corrupt and I can't set it up again until I format and reinstall.

I'm running windows xp... right now under network connections it doesn't even show my cable modem, even though it's working and is right there under device manager. I've uninstalled all the devices and reboot to see if anything would help but it's still the same thing. I've run the command "netsh int ip reset log.txt" and that didn't seem to help either.

Are there any ways to complete remove or reset any trace of past network setups so I can set it up again as if it was a brand new installation? Perhaps in the registry? I want to avoid formatting if I can.

2. chinook

chinook Private E-2

I disabled windows restore.

Nevermind, I reinstalled in the end... got it working now

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds