HP-DV6-3049TX with ATI Radeon HD 5450

Discussion in 'Software' started by kakes, Mar 31, 2011.

1. kakes

kakes Private E-2

Dear All,

I bought one HP-DV6-3049TX model with 64bit windows 7 OS. It came with ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics Card. Due to few of my intended softwares, i was forced to downgrade to Windows XP 32 Bit. Now the issue is that everything is working fine except to the Graphics card. The screen is simply painful for me. Donno what to do now. I am in a terrible fix, since neither I can regrade myself to Windows 7 nor I am getting a workable graphic.

PLEASE HELP URGENTLY..... further more, the MOD's are not available in internet. I tried many of the so called 32 bit drivers which quoted themself for the same graphic config, but everything was useless. HP is not ready to help since they comment that windows XP is not what they had supplied.

PLEASE .....PLEASE HELP

Best regards
    Kakes

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011
  2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    I would uninstall the current driver you have and then run Drive Sweeper in safe mode to clean anything left over. Then reboot and install this driver for xp.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could you also let us know what if any devices have a yellow ! mark in Device Manager as some missing drivers, especially the Chipset can cause issues with other drivers.

What Service Pack level is your XP at? RTM, SP1, SP1a, SP2 or SP3

4. kakes

kakes Private E-2

hi david,

these appear in yellow:

NETWORK CONTROLLER
    PCI DATA ACQUISITION AND SIGNAL PROCESSING CONTROLLER
    PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER
    SM BUS CONTROLLER
    VIDEO CONTROLLER(VGA COMPATIBLE)

i am operating at windows xp professional SP3

Regards
    kakes

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, kakes.

Those Device Manager flags indicate that you do indeed need to reinstall your chipset drivers.

1. Download and install this file.

2. Reboot your machine (very important).

3. Install the graphics driver posted by tgell or this driver provided by HP.

4. Reboot again.

Please post back with the results.

6. kakes

kakes Private E-2

Dear All,

I tried everything as per your valuable suggestions. But unfortunately nothing worked of it.

I used drive sweeper to clean previous drivers. Then re-installed the chipset driver suggested. then installed the video driver suggested. all this has been done in safe mode. But nothing happened.

While installing the chipset, it commented me that i am going to overwrite the very same driver. then I cleaned the driver with drive sweeper and then re-installed. then went ahead with display driver as per procedure suggested above.

Please suggest me path forward.

Regards
    Kakes

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

A your post lists the SM Bus driver then you are missing the most important driver as in the Chipset and while a downgrade is not always perfect, could you supply the following?

Download and install Everest to find this info, at times a summary log of your PC can help, to do this

May give some clues as o Chipset to install as thats the most important one you need.

Sadly a downgrade will not always result in a perfect resolution as some drivers are not written for th older OS, and maybe a Virtual PC is the way to go as is Dual Boot.

8. kakes

kakes Private E-2

Dear David,

As suggested, I have attached the report file with this thread. Just one more problem while launching Everest. In normal operation mode,when launching the everest software, the system switches itself down showing a blue screen with some kernel error and then restarts. I did this report in safe mode.

Regards
    Kakes

Attached Files:

9. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Do you still have exclamation marks next to the devices you mentioned?

NETWORK CONTROLLER
    PCI DATA ACQUISITION AND SIGNAL PROCESSING CONTROLLER
    PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER
    SM BUS CONTROLLER
    VIDEO CONTROLLER(VGA COMPATIBLE)

10. Caliban

And if you do still have the flags, try this:

Download, unzip and run this Intel utility, let us know the results.

11. Caliban

Just had another thought: do you have .NET Framework installed, and if so, is it at least version 3.5? Seems like I remember that the ATI Catalyst Control Center must have .NET installed to work properly. If you don't have .NET, then you might try downloading and installing just the device driver from tgell's link.

Understand that this doesn't affect the chipset problems, but there may be separate issues going on here.

12. kakes

kakes Private E-2

Dear Caliban,

I installed the intel utility as suggested. the results for device manager are still the same....no improvement. when trying for the amd utility, it does'nt allow me to download with warning "UNAUTHORISED DOWNLOAD"

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds