Windows 7 Updates

Discussion in 'Software' started by pmar2uk, May 13, 2011.

1. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

Dear All,

I have windows 7 and i am nearly going for a full format and re -install unless somebody can help me .
    Windows update is downloading 37 updates and on closedown is installing those updates .When Windows starts up again it then reverts those changes and takes ages to load again .It then downloads 37 updates and tries to install on shutdown again , and so it goes on and on .
    Can anybody help me on how not to download and install those updates or how to look at what its not installing ,

regards,

Peter

2. General_Geek

General_Geek Private E-2

I don't have W7 but if you can't get in you may be able to get in in safe mode and turn off automatic updates until you can sort out what's going on. If you can get in you should still be able to shut off auto updates. I wish I could walk you through it but as I said I'm not on W7. :(

3. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

thanks for your help.

I can get in eventually but just want to stop the 37 updates not any future ones as it obviously has a problem with them.

4. General_Geek

General_Geek Private E-2

This may help.

I am assuming you can turn them off there also. ;)

5. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

6. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

You aren't alone with this problem - many ppl having this issue atm. First off, try installing the updates yourself by going to Windows Update on your Start > All Programs menu and clicking Check for Updates, but if it still fails then have a look at Microsoft's advice on this -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

You can either try the fixes manually or, if that is too difficult, scroll down to the Fix It button and see if the fix it wizard sorts it.

This has to be resolved, as future updates may not install either until these have installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds