Aro 2011 removal

Discussion in 'Software' started by roberts29483, Jun 25, 2011.

1. roberts29483

roberts29483 Private E-2

I downloaded aro 2011 from cnet thinking it was a totally free program...now I can't remove...says the file doesn't exist...thanks in advance for any help offered.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

According to the software maker
    http://www.registryoptimizer.com/
    What file?

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

If you have CCLeaner installed, you can try using it to remove the program.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If ARO2011 is listed in your "Add/Remove Programs" list, then you can use an alternative uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller (which is my personal choice) or maybe try IObit Uninstaller (I haven't tried this one personally). Revo will try to run the ARO built-in uninstaller first, when that's done, regardless of whether it was successful or not, Revo will then scan the hard drive and registry for all entries/files related to ARO and will then give you the option of removing some or (preferably) all of the items found. Revo works really well for removing stubborn programs or programs with corrupt uninstallers.... give it a shot.

5. roberts29483

roberts29483 Private E-2

file "C:\ProgramFiles\ARO2011\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

that is what is displayed after i click to uninstall

6. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    Without that file, I would then uninstall using the programs suggested by dlb with Revo being the preferred choice.

Edit: If that fails you could try to install the program again and then try another uninstall.

7. roberts29483

roberts29483 Private E-2

Thank you...I found revo extremely easy to use...was able to get rid of a lot of stubborn programs

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Glad I could help! :-D

9. sshoughton

sshoughton Private E-2

I downloaded Revo uninstaller. However, I don't see the ARO 2011 program installed in my programs listing. How do I find it to uninstall?

10. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Open Windows Explorer and Search for it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds