Photoshop Cs5

Discussion in 'Software' started by LMJ, Jul 26, 2011.

1. LMJ

LMJ Private E-2

removedI purchased an OEM version of Photoshop CS5. No problems with the download, however, it appears that the codes for a previous trial version of the program are keeping me from using the software. I received the following directions from the company on how to fix the problem but do not understand enough of what they are asking me to do. Can someone help make sense of all of this to me?

"you have four folders

Two New copies of amtlib.dll - 32bit and 64bit
    Two Original copies of amtlib.dll - 32bit and 64bit

Windows 7, Vista: All program paths listed below. You will have to OPEN EACH FOLDER in the "Program Files/Adobe" and/or "Program Files (x86)/Adobe" and replace your old "amtlib.dll"
    file with the 'new' one included amtlib.dll 32bit version and/or 64bit version dependingon your OS (xxbit) install.
    All CS5 program paths for the amtlib.dll files:

32bit
    Program Files (x86)/Adobe
    Adobe Bridge CS5 - AMTLib.dll
    Adobe Contribute CS5/App - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Device Central CS5 - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Encore CS5 - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Extension Manager CS5 - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Fireworks CS5 - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Flash Builder 4/plugins/com.adobe.flexide.amt_4.0.0.272416/OS/win32/x86/ - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Flash CS5 - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Illustrator CS5/Support Files/Contents/Windows/ - amtlib.dll
    Adobe InDesign CS5 - amtlib.dll
    Adobe OnLocation CS5 - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Photoshop CS5 - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Soundbooth CS5 - amtlib.dll

64bit
    Program Files/Adobe
    Adobe After Effects CS5/Support Files/ - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Media Encoder CS5 - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit) - amtlib.dll
    Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 - amtlib.dll

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011
  2. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Hi

First of all, EDIT YOUR POST and remove the serial numbers listed at the bottom!

3. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Secondly, if you are using Windows 7 64 bit, both of the following locations will apply (if running 32 bit, the one with (x86) will NOT apply):

C:\Program Files\Adobe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe

Go into both of those folders, navigate into each folder specified and copy the new atmlib.dll file into it. Windows will ask if you want to Copy and Replace, Don't Copy, or Copy and keep both files". You want to Copy and Replace. You will need to do this with EACH of the program folders. I've attached a few screenshots of the folders for your reference. You have to go into each one of those folders pictured and replace the atmlib.dll file in there with the new ones.

After that, the activation should be reset. If you have further questions, feel free to ask!

Attached Files:

4. LMJ

LMJ Private E-2

It appears that there is no "Edit" option available for this post.

5. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

There is a 5 minute time limit for editing posts. I guess you didn't catch it in time. Hopefully a moderator can remove the serial numbers from your post soon, as you wouldn't want someone else using them.

I didn't realize that I posted well after that time limit... sorry!

6. LMJ

LMJ Private E-2

I can navigate to the folders in the screenshots you captured. However, once I am there I admit I am rather a dim bulb. Pretty pitiful actually but I'm still not exactly sure what to do when I get there.

7. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

A moderator has removed your serial numbers. (Thanks Nick! :) )

I'm not exactly sure what you're wondering how to do. I've explained it I think rather simply. Do you not know how to copy/move files? Did they send you original atmlib.dll files, or are you supposed to extract them from somewhere?

8. LMJ

LMJ Private E-2

Thanks to Nick for correcting my error!

And many thanks to you mcsmc!!

I had the atmlib.dll files for 32 bit and 64 bit crossed. Took me a little while to recognize my error but the program appears to be working properly. Couldn't have done it woithout your help!

9. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Ahh, okay. Glad you got it sorted!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds