e machines er1401

Discussion in 'Software' started by pmar2uk, Aug 27, 2011.

1. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

I am ahving major problems downloading drivers for this machine .It is a e machines ER1401.The e-machines webiste has drivers for the machine but not for XP .This seems starnge since i have just bough this machine .XP has been loaded ok and seeems to run fine .
    I need the drivers for Ethernet / wireless ralink Rt3090/ and also video drivers for Nvidia 9200 / also realtek hi def audio driver all drivers for XP .
    I wiped the linpus operating system off and put Xp on it, the set up pampghlet mentions XP so there must have been XP drivers but no CD argggggg please help ,

regards,

Peter:cry

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I think you got ripped off. Return to where you bought it. The computer should have Windows 7 installed. eMachine will only supply Win 7 drivers so you will have a next to impossible task getting new hardware to work for a version of windows not supported on it.

Additionally, if you ever need to install XP again, the serial number on the bottom or back will not work because it is not for XP, it is for windows 7.
    http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=ER1401-57

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I am terrible at drivers so I will just post this here for what it is worth to others helping find drivers:

http://www.ebuyer.com/267867-emachine-er1401-desktop-pt-nbzec-004

5. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

Fantastic nearly got it going .

In reply to you were ripped off , this is from a major supplier ie "ebuyer" in UK and was sold with Linpus unix system which i didnt want . I read reports that other people had got these units going and are ideal for a very small space ie flat .My son liked it and i had a spare XP license .The Price reflects this i suppose .I dont mind a bit of work to get this going as it seems quite fast .

I have run everest but its reporting no DB on the ethernet card ,the wirelss is going fine now .

On the ethernet somebdoy has said i need to download Nvidia chipset lagacy package 15.25 (required for Ethernet and lan (cpu drivers ) but cannot find it .

regards,

Peter

6. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

Dear all,

I forgot to say thanks to all who are helping , Major geeks is my first port of call when having problems

Regards,

Peter

7. sach2

8. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

ok all seems to be running ok , i now have ethernet and wireless what a luxury!.The graphics are very good and it all seems to be running very quickly .

Have taken a backup of all the drivers and hopefully now all will work for a long time .Thanks again to Sach2 and also tgell to prevent my hair falling out any more .

While i wouldnt recommend one fo these machines to play about on where else can you get a machine like this for £129.00 , well pleased as my son will love it in his tiny flat

regards,

peter:-D

9. sach2

If you used one of the nvidia links for the ethernet which version did you use (might be helpful for someone looking at this thread later)?

Thanks. :)

10. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

For reference anybody wanting to install XP on a e-machines ER1401
    I used the following link for the ethernet drivers and also storage :

I think this is the 15.25 http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.25.html

The following drivers were very useful :

For the Ralink. IE Wireless card
    http://web.ralinktech.com/ralink/Hom...t/Windows.html

For the Video Driver:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2...ql-driver.html

High Definition Audio:
    http://majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_D...P03_d4902.html

This will save you hours of searching (courtesy of tgell and sach2)

:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:-D

11. sach2

Great post, pmar2uk!

I'm sure others will find it very helpful to have all the driver links together.

12. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It would have been helpful if you had included all the facts.

Since I'm in the US, when I search for a particular model, I'm shown the US choices, not the UK ones.

13. billzee67

billzee67 Private E-2

Ditto re installing xp on an er1401, been looking around for sometime for help, so thanks everyone helping here.

My prob now is the links for the wireless card and video driver seem not to be working

14. sach2

Hi, Billzee

Not sure why they aren't working from that post as they look good--but I can verify that they don't work for me, right now, either. Try them from tgell's post #2, as they loaded from there. (You want the Ralink rt2860 driver from the Ralink.)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  15. billzee67

billzee67 Private E-2

Hi sach2

the link to ralink site works but the link from there to d/l the driver doesn't

d/l the video driver now, thanx

Also device manager is showing other devices not working ( yellow ?) are

coprocessor
    sm bus controller
    ethernet network controller
    network controller

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  16. sach2

I think the 15.25 Nvidia driver should take care of most of those Device Manager yellow marks. Have you installed that one and rebooted?

On the ralink, it could be a weather related problem. I can't vouch for this site but it shows ok in Web of Trust ratings. The file name is the same as the ralink: http://www.driversdown.com/drivers.asp?ID=111827&brNum=3&show=0

17. billzee67

billzee67 Private E-2

re the nvidia 15.25, I'm just putting it on a cd to put on the emachine, I'll update when thats done

on the ralink site when i try link for the driver i get a Not Found on this server message

18. billzee67

billzee67 Private E-2

Everything is ok now but the wireless card driver.

I d/l from your last link but the driver exe file will not run, so I d/l another from drivers collection .com ( slightly different, bigger file) and that won't run either.

Not sure what the prob is but will try to locate another copy and try that.

Thanx

19. sach2

You might also give the ralink site another try after a few hours and see if things have cleared up. That is their main download page so I am guessing it is a glitch with their server.

20. tgell

21. billzee67

billzee67 Private E-2

Hi

got the 3rd driver d/l from ralinks website and used a different cd than I was using previous and the driver installed fine.

Up and running now, d/loading microsoft updates.

many thanx to everyone who have helped.

good people, good forum

many thanx :):)

22. steddie

steddie Private E-2

I have a slight jitter. running XBMC.

I reduced the slight jitter by turning off the "smooth motion" effect on my tv 120hz. I never had this issue with my wd live tv box set @ 1080p 60hz. i wonder if i can further tweak to sort it out. I Can Confirm plays full bluray rips 1080p in MKV, M2TS, and TS containers. Menus are responsive for me.
    Has anyone else experienced this slight stutter? If so.. How do i get rid of it? It is not constant. Seeing that it was greatly reduced by turning of the 120hz feature on my tv. is it safe assume a refresh issue? I am still pursuit of perfection please any input is greatly appreciated.
    4GB RAM 250GB HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce 9200 HDMI
    Lenovo Multimedia Remote with keyboard N5901

23. steddie

steddie Private E-2

------------------------------
    Media info:
    Complete name : D:\Vids\Spider-Man 3 (2007).mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 28.7 GiB
    Duration : 2h 19mn
    Overall bit rate : 29.6 Mbps
    Movie name : Spider-Man 3 (2007)
    Encoded date : UTC 2011-09-05 19:52:16
    Writing application : mkvmerge v4.5.0 ('Speed of Light') built on Feb 1 2011 02:10:32
    Writing library : libebml v1.2.0 + libmatroska v1.1.0

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
    Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=10
    Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@0.0
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : TrueHD
    Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Maximum bit rate : 5 220 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossless
    Title : TrueHD
    Language : English

24. Dnyce

Dnyce Private E-2

Hello - Has anyone tried to install Windows 7 on one of these?
    I'm thinking about getting one as they are currently £109 on Ebay!

Just interested to know if you did install Windows 7 - how you went about it?

Installed XP and then upgraded?

25. steddie

steddie Private E-2

It came with windows 7 x64 on mine

26. spacebiscuit

spacebiscuit Private E-2

Hi,

I've installed XP and have used the download links to install the drivers.

All seems to be ok but I have a yellow exclamation mark under other devices "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus".

I've installed the Realtek HD Audio driver ove rand over but can't fix it.

Thanks in advance.

27. tgell

Hello,
    Did you install SP3? SP3 is needed for HD audio.

28. spacebiscuit

spacebiscuit Private E-2

Yes SP3 was the first thing that I installed.

29. tgell

Go into Device Manager, right click on the device with the yellow exclamation mark and get the Vendor ID with the Device ID as shown and post here. Also make sure onboard audio is enabled in BIOS.

[​IMG]

30. spacebiscuit

spacebiscuit Private E-2

As requested:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1000\4&2BB73125&0&0301

31. tgell

According to the vendor and device ID it is listed as Nvidia HDMI Audio Driver Driver. I am going to have to check this out some more. When you open up Sound in Device Manager, is there anything related to Realtek? Also, can you run an Everest Report and attach the log as text file? Thanks.

I did find this and it does list your device ID in the inf file of the driver. You might want to try it. It shows 64bit but the driver has both 32bit and 64bit drivers in the file.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/hdmi_audio_xp_vista_win7_1.00.00.59.html

32. spacebiscuit

spacebiscuit Private E-2

That's fixed it!

I did download a driver for the HDMI Sound - one that was listed at the start of the thread so not sure what was different with the driver I downloaded?

One other small issue, I am using a USB switch to connect one keyboard and mouse combination to two PC's. Everything works fine with XP booted, however if I reboot with the switch "on" for the 1401 the logo on initial start-up (emachines) hangs. If I unplug the switch from the 1401 (USB) it boots but hangs without it.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help!

33. tgell

Glad you got your audio back. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Sorry, I would not know why there would be a freeze. If the keyboard and mouse are USB you could check to see if legacy USB is enabled in BIOS if there is such a setting. Otherwise I would start a new thread in the Hardware forum explaining your problem. Somebody here may have had experience with your problem.

34. spacebiscuit

spacebiscuit Private E-2

I'll try a few things and post in the Hardware forum if I cannot figure it out.

Thanks for your quick responses to my post and helping me fix this!

Excellent forum guys!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds