Adobe Flash Player Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-9aee479f8f, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

I have installed Adobe Flash Player 11 but if I try to watch youtube or other internet videos it says I need to upgrade to latest version of Adobe Flash to view the video. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe flash Player and it says it has installed correctly but I still get same message.
    Running Win 7 64 Bit and IE 9

Suggestions?

Thanks!

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Read tis article

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83715.html#main_nocontentFP

are you having the browser closed during adobe flash player installation ? :cool

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Interesting. I have version 10,3,183,10 installed and can watch YouTube in FF and IE 9 on my windows 7 64 bit Home Premium without seeing a message that I need to update.
    I think I'll stick with v10.

4. Anon-9aee479f8f

Yes I closed IE when it prompted me to close it on install.
    I read the article and it says "If you try to install Flash Player in the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer, the download fails, and you are redirected to a Help page" That did not happen. As I said before it says it installed correctly.
    I do see that I have Internet Explore and Internet Explorer(64-bit) both in my list of programs. It tells me to "unpin" the shortcut for the IE 64-bit from Start menu.
    My question before I do that is will that cause other problems using IE or does it make no difference which IE is used?

plodr I had 10 and was getting the message to update to view the videos and that is why I updated.

Thanks

5. falconattack

You haven't any problem , don't worry !! :wave

6. Anon-9aee479f8f

I used IObit Uninstaller and uninstalled the Adobe Flash Player 11 then I followed the instructions on the link http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_8...in_nocontentFP and the suggestion of using IE 32-bit and installed it again but it did not fix the problem.

I checked trying to watch a TV program online and I get the same message that I need to update Flash Player.

Other suggestions?
    Thanks!

7. Lexicon

Lexicon Private E-2

Interesting Thread; I hope a solution comes up soon, best of luck KatKat.
    I am having the same problem with AFP 10 and/or 11 (32bit), Adobe support is absolutely loopy.
    (I am using fresh clean install Vista on Dell Inspiron 1524 with all the updates and Firefox)

8. Anon-9aee479f8f

Odd thing is I had version 10 and it was working fine last week then I got the message saying I needed the latest version to view the video and have had this problem every since.

9. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

You should always use Adobe's uninstaller for Flash:
    Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller

Close all applications and then just run the uninstaller.

You can also download the uninstaller form here:
    Uninstall Flash Player | Windows

Adobe Flash Player 11.0.1.152 Final

After successful install, verify HERE.

Some of this may have been posted already, but I just put everything together. ;)

10. falconattack

Are you following mjnc solution ? What happend ? :)

11. Anon-9aee479f8f

I followed the instructions and did a uninstall and then a new install using the links above and checked with the link to verify it was installed correctly. It said it was installed correctly.
    I went to ABC http://abc.go.com/watch clicked on a episode to check it out and I get the message saying "This content requires Adobe Flash Player - Ver 10.1. Click here to get the latest version of Flash". I tried YouTube and get same message to upgrade Adobe Flash Player.
    Same message I was getting before.

Thanks for the replies but it is still not working right.:confused

12. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

13. Anon-9aee479f8f

mjnc I did try installing in IE 32-bit yesterday.
    I also had gone to the Adobe site and had read and checked the things suggested on the two links you gave.

I noticed the note on that link saying:
    "Note: Flash Player 11 is available in beta on Adobe Labs. If you install the beta 64-bit version, you do not need to use a 32-bit browser as described in the instructions below."

So Iagain installed the 64-bit again and it does not work.
    I will give the 32-bit another try. I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

14. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, katkat.

Just a quick interjection here: have you tried viewing the files using Firefox (or some browser other than IE)? If so, do you experience the same symptoms?

15. Anon-9aee479f8f

Caliban yes I tried Firefox and I get the same message.

mjnc I just did a uninstall and reinstall in 32-bit and I get the same results.

Just baffled!:(

16. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Thanks for your reply and update, katkat.
    Sorry you're having so much trouble.
    The Installation Problems link has some additional info such as Verify Internet Explorer security and ActiveX settings
    which you should check if you haven't already.

I recommend that you follow Caliban's suggestion.

@Caliban
    Glad you're back.

@katkat
    Just read your previous message.
    Seems like the problem may be with Flash and not just IE.

17. Anon-9aee479f8f

Oh Yippee!! Success!
    I went back and did it ALL again after going back and checking all settings in Internet Options and Active X settings. I had done that before but did it again.
    I did the uninstall. I cleaned with CCleaner not sure that was necessary but did it anyway. Then I rebooted my computer. Then I reinstalled in 32-bit.
    I tried YouTube and the video played. I also tried watching a episode on ABC and that work.

So thank you very much for the help. Greatly appreciate it.

18. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Good job - glad you got things sorted.

(Thx, mjnc!)

19. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Outstanding!!! :cool :dancer
    I think maybe the reboot helped.

I was really wondering ... you have the latest and greatest of everyhing, and it wasn't working? rolleyes

20. falconattack

Enjoy your achievement , some times these things ( computers )seem very stupid and crazy , i was out for a walk because of this i didn't help you , sorry !! :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds