\windows\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSEH.Sys

Discussion in 'Software' started by thelewisfam, Jan 19, 2012.

1. thelewisfam

thelewisfam Private E-2

PLEASE HELP!!!!

My problem started by getting the Blue Screen of the death and computer would reboot randomly.

Now its almost impossible to get the computer to boot up...
    (1 short beep, 1 long beep)

I have researched as much as I could and tried the following when I was lucky enough not to receive the beep code above.

F8
    safemode: didnt stay booted long enough
    safemode: wont load past..... \windows\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSEH.Sys
    last know configuration.....computer still turned off

PLEASE HELP! So scared to lose all my pictures if I dont get this working properly :cry

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Seems like part of AVG is causing problems. This is their post about it to burn a bootable CD and then rename any files starting with avg in \Windows\System32\drivers.

If Safe Mode with command prompt works you may ba able to accomplish the same thing without creating the CD. Can you use safemode with command prompt?

3. thelewisfam

thelewisfam Private E-2

The computer randomly cooperates. If and when I can get into F8, its just crossing my fingers that it stays on long enough to allow troubleshooting.

I did read a post reagarding AVG's update and I downloaded the repair to my usb but Im not sure what to do next!

4. sach2

Have you extracted the zip file containing the USB files to a folder on your computer and run the setup file from that folder to put the files on your USB drive?

Are you on XP or Vista/Win7?

5. thelewisfam

thelewisfam Private E-2

I downloaded the suggested AVG Rescue to my usb if thats what you're asking. Its Vista but I installed XP on it.

6. sach2

The file you downloaded was either a zip or rar file that has to be extracted to a folder on your HD. Then inside that folder is a setup file. With the USB flash connected to the computer you click the setup file to put the boot CD files on to the flash drive in the proper order. That makes the USB drive bootable. Then you would boot from the USB flash drive to rename your AVG files.

Take a look at the first video here, it talks about USB in the second half, and let me know if you have any questions.

7. thelewisfam

thelewisfam Private E-2

Thank you for all your assistance thus far.

ok, I have extracted the files and the usb is now bootable. I just have to get my computer to stay on long enough for me to access the Boot Menu.

8. sach2

Try F12 at the BIOS/manufacturer screen to see if you get a onetime boot menu.

9. thelewisfam

thelewisfam Private E-2

So far no luck. I turn the tower on and it automically starts beeping. I know that once I'm lucky with getting it to boot, the F12 will work.

Ugghhh...trying to remain patient!

10. thelewisfam

thelewisfam Private E-2

i wish there was a way to bypass this beeping!

11. nonono

nonono Private E-2

If you want to backup files, consider using something like KNOPPIX. it is a Linux cd-bootable image. Basically you will run linux from a cd (or USB stick), you will have network access and will be able to mount your windows drives. You can then access want you want to backup and then you can either send them to another network location or burn them or put them onto a usb stick.

12. sach2

Give the model number of computer and we can try to figure out what the beeping means. The AVG file wouldn't cause any beeps at startup.

The other thing to try is unplug the computer, give it a rest for an hour and see if it boots up.

13. thelewisfam

thelewisfam Private E-2

Model Number: HP a6242n
    (1 short, 1 long beep)

I just disconnected the power cord....will try to reboot in an hour. :confused

Thanks!

14. sach2

Hi,

The unplugging was just because you said the problem was intermittent and I thought perhaps giving it a rest might make a difference if it was a problem with the HD. Failing HDs sometimes work better when cool.

I quick look at HP boot codes says one short and one long beep indicates a memory problem which makes more sense with your symptoms.

You want to troubleshoot the memory by unplugging the computer and reseating the memory. If that doesn't work you want to try one stick at a time and see if you can boot up. Keep the single stick in the slot closest to the center of the board. If you can't boot up with just any one stick in that slot, then try one stick in the second slot using two different sticks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds