major windows 7 problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by jerryhacks18, Apr 5, 2012.

1. jerryhacks18

jerryhacks18 Private E-2

my windows 7 will only boot into the bios afterwards it goes blank
    need help urgently

2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Is your Hard Drive recognized in the BIOS.
    Could you also supply some more details as far as make of computer, BIOS version, Hardware etc?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. jerryhacks18

jerryhacks18 Private E-2

Windows 7 pro bios version r0180y9 hard drive is recognized
    I tried it again now and get the following bios boot but when windows tries to load computer restarts and gives me options to repair I tried but it doesn't work also tried Avanquest boot cd restorer but didn't help
    I need help asap. Thanx

5. jerryhacks18

jerryhacks18 Private E-2

any ideas or suggestions I'm listening. When I run the windows repair tool that is built into windows 7 it doesnt help and the log says root cause for failure not found.

6. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Is this the same PC that plodr referenced in post #3? If so, how long after that problem did this boot failure manifest?

7. jerryhacks18

jerryhacks18 Private E-2

yes it is. and the problem persists safe mode doesnt work as well as boot cds.sas was not used on this computer.. The problems are one and the same.

8. jerryhacks18

jerryhacks18 Private E-2

Is my hard drive going to be wiped of my files and programs if I reinstall windows?

9. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Let it try the automatic repair again. When you get to the screen where you got the information about "root cause not found" click the next button to get the screen with five options for repair. Select System Restore and see if there are any restore points available.

10. jerryhacks18

jerryhacks18 Private E-2

thanx for posting but Ive been there, done that and it didnt work even though I do have some sys restore points. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

11. sach2

Did System Restore complete or did it give a failure message?

Try a chkdsk /r at the command prompt. By the way which letter does the command prompt start with (ie. C:\Windows or D:\Windows etc.)?

12. jerryhacks18

jerryhacks18 Private E-2

I have decided, at a friends advice to post all info that I have about this problem.Windows 7 professional 64 bit
    It started when the computer was running slowly so I bought McAffee virus remover, and installled it. Right after installation it told me "Youre protected". Then it found a trojan and said reboot now to remove all viruses I rebooted and this is what happened:
    1.I start up and I get the VAIO screen and BIOS
    2.I get the windows logo and "Windows Loading" for one minute then computer restarts.
    3.It boots again and I get two options a) Launch windows repair; b) start windows normally. If I hit start windows normally then steps 1&2 repeat,so I click option 'b)'.
    4.the system looks for problems, it doesnt find any and asks if I want to send error report,Ive sent it a few times(does nothing), at this point Ive tried this option (no exagarration) 18 times, I get the same result again and again,I view the log and it says Root cause of failure not found.
    5.after it checks it gives me the option of entering the advanced recovery options, I hit that and I can do the following a) system restore b)restore from backup c)restore from system image d) launch command prompt e) scan memory for errors. system restore doesnt go because the computer only displays partition c and the system is on partition d so the button to procide with the restore is greyed out. I dont have a backup so I cant restore from there; nor a system image.when I launch command its running off partition x (I have four partitions c,d,x,z, d has the system x has the boot) I tried chkdsk /r but it gave me some error message (3 lines long) I forgot it. I dont think the memory has any errors(I dont think its corrupt hardware).
    6.I figured how how to access the hardrives (if I open the error log in notepad I click open an have th hard disk partitions in front of me) and I backed up some important files.

thanks to everyone who posted so far.

13. sach2

Try a chkdsk d: /r (This is going by you said it has the system. You want to use the drive letter for the drive that has the Windows folder.) See if it makes a difference.

If that doesn't help then reboot and hit F8 during the BIOS/splash screen to get into safe mode options. From there try Last Known Good Configuration option first.

If it still doesn't go then back at the F8 safe mode options try Disable Reboot on Error option and see if you get a blue screen with an error code and maybe a filename that is causing a problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds