Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Thanked 1,437 Times in 1,356 Posts
HitmanPro - How to scan and obtain a log
- Please download HitmanPro to your desktop.
- See the download links under this icon:
- There are both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions of the application.
- Double-click HitmanPro36.exe (or HitmanPro36_x64.exe if on 64-bit OS) to open the program. ( If using Vista or Windows 7 do not double click on it but rather, right click and select Run As Administrator. )
- HitmanPro should have launched. If malware is preventing HitmanPro from launching, try pressing and holding the Left Ctrl key on your keyboard, and while you are doing this - double-click the HitmanPro application with your mouse. Try this a few times to see if it helps you.
- If successful, HitmanPro should have entered its "Force Breach" mode where it kills off the bad processes preventing it from running.
- Once you have successfully gotten HitmanPro to open, press the Settings button.
- Uncheck Scan for Tracking Cookies and then click the Advanced tab.
- If you currently have internet access, you do not have to change anything here. Ignore the next step directed towards users without internet access.
- If you do not have internet access, you will need to put a checkmark in I am an expert, show Early Warning Scoring (EWS) in the drop down of the Next button in order to scan your system with HitmanPro.
- Now click the OK button to leave the Advanced settings. You should be brought back to the initial HitmanPro screen.
- If you are a user that has internet access, all you need to do now is press the Next button.
- Users without internet access will need to click the little down arrow by the Next button and select Early Warning Scoring (EWS) as shown below:
- All users should match their settings up to the screenshot below and then press the Next button again when finished.
- HitmanPro should have started scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a few minutes.
- Sometimes HitmanPro will want to gather a suspicious looking file for further analysis. Try to allow it to do so.
- When the scan is complete, the Scan Results window will be displayed.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Do not delete, replace, or quarantine anything unless instructed by a malware helper as you could cause even more damage to your operating system!!
- We want you to Ignore any and all detections for the time being.
- We are only interested in you obtaining a log from HitmanPro.
- If you do not take this warning seriously, you may be refused help!
- We will have you rescan with HitmanPro and delete specific items if needed in the future.
- Once you have Ignored all detections and clicked the Next button, you should now be at the Results window.
- Click the Save Log link and save the log to your desktop.
- Keep this log file handy in case you are still experiencing problems and need to create your own thread in our Malware Removal forum.
- If you are still having trouble, remember to attach this log file once you are finished with the remaining procedures. (See: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post )
Last edited by thisisu; 08-14-12 at 23:48..
Reason: More clarity on how to attach log and right-mouse clicking to open app