MajorGeeks Support Forums

Go Back   MajorGeeks Support Forums > ----------= PC, Desktop and Laptop Support =---------- > Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Casino Mark Forums Read

Software Software such as operating systems like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 etc., or specific programs.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-15-12, 03:14
TecknoGuy TecknoGuy is offline
Private E-2
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows

Hi, I am new here so I hope I am in the right place to tell you all about my problem.
So here we go!

I am unable to find a suitable driver for my computer. I have a Compaq Presario R3000AP 3.2 GHz 2.5GB Ram and have upgraded to windows 7 with SP1.

I did a clean install and all the windows 7 drivers were installed and are compatible except for the Realtek AC'97 audio driver.

I downloaded and installed the Realtek AC'97 Codecs from the Realtek website, but unfortunately this was unsuccessful . Then I downloaded and installed the SP29586 Realtek AC'97 Driver version 6.0.1.6305 from the HP website and this was also unsuccessful. Finally I downloaded from the Microsoft website the same Audio Driver version 6.0.1.6305 and installed it but unfortunately again this was unsuccessful.

In the Device manager under Sound, video and game controllers it show below "Realtek AC'97 Audio device", version 6.0.1.6305 but in properties is shows "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Windows 7 does recognize the sound device, but is unable to completely install it, even though under the "driver file details tab" it show drivers installed in the windows directory.

I understand that Microsoft does not support the Realtek driver, but there must be some kind of fix or even someone out there that is able to rewrite the driver somehow.

Seems a shame to have to get a new computer because of this, as it is very fast with windows 7 even though it is only a Pentium 4.

I have no more options and I am asking for help. PLEASE!
Danny
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 08-15-12, 04:35
falconattack's Avatar
falconattack falconattack is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Greece , Athens
Posts: 789
Thanks: 2
Thanked 298 Times in 285 Posts
Default Re: Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecknoGuy View Post
Hi, I am new here so I hope I am in the right place to tell you all about my problem.
So here we go!

I am unable to find a suitable driver for my computer. I have a Compaq Presario R3000AP 3.2 GHz 2.5GB Ram and have upgraded to windows 7 with SP1.

I did a clean install and all the windows 7 drivers were installed and are compatible except for the Realtek AC'97 audio driver.

I downloaded and installed the Realtek AC'97 Codecs from the Realtek website, but unfortunately this was unsuccessful . Then I downloaded and installed the SP29586 Realtek AC'97 Driver version 6.0.1.6305 from the HP website and this was also unsuccessful. Finally I downloaded from the Microsoft website the same Audio Driver version 6.0.1.6305 and installed it but unfortunately again this was unsuccessful.

In the Device manager under Sound, video and game controllers it show below "Realtek AC'97 Audio device", version 6.0.1.6305 but in properties is shows "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Windows 7 does recognize the sound device, but is unable to completely install it, even though under the "driver file details tab" it show drivers installed in the windows directory.

I understand that Microsoft does not support the Realtek driver, but there must be some kind of fix or even someone out there that is able to rewrite the driver somehow.

Seems a shame to have to get a new computer because of this, as it is very fast with windows 7 even though it is only a Pentium 4.

I have no more options and I am asking for help. PLEASE!
Danny
Hi my friend , welcome to MG's


Start - Run type this mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok - right click to yellow device - Properties - Details - scroll down the arrow finding Hardware ids - there is a code in the box , we need it ( select all - copy - paste ) the code here
  #3  
Old 08-15-12, 05:16
TecknoGuy TecknoGuy is offline
Private E-2
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows

Thanks for the welcome.

Here are the codes:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&SUBSYS_006B103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&SUBSYS_006B103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&CC_0401
  #4  
Old 08-15-12, 05:55
musksnipe's Avatar
musksnipe musksnipe is offline
Major Geek
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Third Coast
Posts: 1,350
Thanks: 335
Thanked 264 Times in 207 Posts
Default Re: Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows

I'm coming up with SoundMax for that ID.
Quote:
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&SUBSYS_006B103C&REV_00
Manufacturer ID: 65535
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: smwdm.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.5170 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 7/8/2004 16:24:02, 267392 bytes
But I also saw Realtek being recommended. All I find are battery replacements for that laptop. I'm not finding any specs for the motherboard or the full machine.
You can try SoundMax. Remove any Realtek Audio through Add and Remove Programs and then through Device Manager. See if SoundMax works for you.
I can't guarantee it, because of the conflicting posts I saw. None had a final answer (post) so I don't know if either driver worked.
Use Everest (|MG| EVEREST Free Edition 2.20 Download) to find your motherboard ID.
If we have your motherboard ID, we can peg for certain, what audio chip is on there.
__________________
“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." – Henri Cartier-Bresson
  #5  
Old 08-16-12, 02:28
falconattack's Avatar
falconattack falconattack is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Greece , Athens
Posts: 789
Thanks: 2
Thanked 298 Times in 285 Posts
Default Re: Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecknoGuy View Post
Thanks for the welcome.

Here are the codes:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&SUBSYS_006B103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&SUBSYS_006B103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&CC_0401
Hi my friend , here is the driver you need

http://download.cnet.com/Realtek-AC-...-10962344.html

you must save it to C:\Users\Name\Downloads , afterwards you have to follow this

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/19...ll-driver.html

go for it
Sponsored links
  #6  
Old 02-26-13, 05:07
mgrabez mgrabez is offline
Private E-2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows

Hello everyone, I need a driver realtek ac `97 version 5.10.0.6300 for my computer .... I found it the first time someone has put in the form of a file, but now I can not remember who he is or put the name of the file and if a little help from the admin forum at which I was a member of the site as last time or file I downloaded from 17.01.2013 it was ... or if someone can help me to solve the problem
  #7  
Old 02-26-13, 06:48
falconattack's Avatar
falconattack falconattack is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Greece , Athens
Posts: 789
Thanks: 2
Thanked 298 Times in 285 Posts
Default Re: Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's

You can download this

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CPU-Z_d425.html

to go to mainboard tab informing the model of your motherboard even what is your operating system ? Is there any ? in Device Manager menu ?
  #8  
Old 06-12-13, 16:25
Cornholio Cornholio is offline
Private E-2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows

i have very similar problem, in xp
got this in device manager, can someone tell me what driver i need?:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_97611849&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_97611849
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&CC_0401
  #9  
Old 06-12-13, 17:01
falconattack's Avatar
falconattack falconattack is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Greece , Athens
Posts: 789
Thanks: 2
Thanked 298 Times in 285 Posts
Default Re: Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
i have very similar problem, in xp
got this in device manager, can someone tell me what driver i need?:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_97611849&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_97611849
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&CC_0401
Hi my friend , welcome to MG's

You can download this

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lo...10X6480_XP.zip

to save it , after that you can go to saving path

C:\Documents and Settings\Name\My Documents\Downloads

to run the file , when the process is completed you must restart your system
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Realtek high definition audio driver doesn't work can you give me any help? kkOr4b Software 8 05-26-11 15:18
realtek audio driver wont work when it already has sp1 scott_hayes89 Software 3 11-24-09 13:32
PCI Driver/Realtek Audio Driver problem Oscuro Hardware 1 10-02-08 02:13
Eepc 4g driver installing problem..cannot install realtek audio device driver jknights Software 1 09-26-08 16:16
No Audio, Install realtek hd audio driver failure VandaliaM Software 22 03-25-08 07:22


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

MajorGeeks.Com \ All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ NEW! PC Games \ System Tools \ Macintosh \ Demonews.Com \ Top Downloads

MajorGeeks.Com \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds


All content Copyright © MajorGeeks.com source code Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright © 2009 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Ad Management by RedTyger