Windows 7 SP1 update hangs @ 15%

Discussion in 'Software' started by JAGUAR59, Aug 19, 2012.

1. JAGUAR59

JAGUAR59 Private E-2

When doing the Windows 7 SP1 update the computer freezes at 15% on the reboot action. I left it in this state for over 24 hours and it was still at 15%. I powered the system down manually and restarted and it counted to 15% and hung again. On hard reboot it blue screened after windows logo. I went into safe mode and it backed out the SP1 upgrade. I have tried this several times with the same results. I need help getting this to load the update. this is a Windows 7 Professional install. Thanks for your help in advance.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Brand and model of computer?

3. JAGUAR59

JAGUAR59 Private E-2

Dell Vostro 430 Intel I3 4g 32bit OS

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I found these instructions for someone unable to install Win 7 SP1 (32 bit)

5. JAGUAR59

JAGUAR59 Private E-2

I did as requested with same hang at 15%

6. JAGUAR59

JAGUAR59 Private E-2

Problem is resolved. I uninstalled the Eset virus protection and the update worked fine. This incident can be closed.:)

7. XweAponX

XweAponX Private E-2

8. asidscript

asidscript Private E-2

Thanks to Jaguar 59, I uninstalled eset as well, and this for some odd reason has resolved the issue, even tho windows points the problem in a completely different direction.

Unusual Circumstance in my set up, Win7 machine was a guest on a VMware Server 1.0.4

Other then that, it was a fresh install, instant uninstall of useless tools n software, some hardcore tweaking and configuring of the OS. silly things that would not normally effect WU, folder options, services ms config custom startup, internet options, policies etc.

Has been performed on many other machines with eset and never an issue, In this case the installation was a VM,

Thanks again Jag,

Asid

9. Kuzak

Kuzak Private E-2

Thank you for pointing at ESET antivirus program! I have been working for 20 hours to resolve why my computer hangs at 15% .....
    Today it is October 2014, with a brand new computer. Installing Windows 7 x64 professional with SP 1 (from disk).
    No problem. Then comes the 160+ new files from Windows Update.... My Eset is installed and points out the Critical updates! (but doesn't tell me to turn itself off!).
    I install all of the updates and restart computer... it hangs at 15%...again and again and again for 20 hours work (even cleaned and formatted the harddisk to start all over again)
    But when I turn ESET off, the installing process continue and finished without problem! :)
    Thanks to this forum!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds