Java ClassNotFoundException

Discussion in 'Software' started by rainbows, Nov 20, 2012.

1. rainbows

rainbows Private E-2

Whenever I open a website that uses Java, I get a ClassNotFoundException. I have tried reinstalling Java, removing temporary files, running Ccleaner after the uninstall but the issue still remains.

2. samtal

samtal Corporal

ClassNotFoundException

You deploy a new version of your application into production environment, hit the application’s URL and get a 500 error with a long error stack and nasty “java.lang.ClassNotFoundException” in bold at the top.

“Class Not Found” exceptions could be quite tricky to troubleshoot because of the complexity of Java Web applications and application servers they run on. An average web application nowadays comes bundled with dozens of jar file (and probably thousands of classes). An average application server’s classpath is many pages long. Not to mention separately deployed libraries containing jar files shared by a group of applications. There should be little surprise that it is quite common for all these different jars and classloaders to clash with each other, get out of sync or become otherwise corrupt and mis-configured.

http://myarch.com/classnotfound

3. rainbows

rainbows Private E-2

The odd thing is that this happens to all java applications. Is there a guide to delete all Java related files so I can reinstall it and not have this problem? I have uninstalled it before but the problems is still there so I'm guessing that there's still a configuration file somewhere that's causing this problem.

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, rainbows, and welcome to MajorGeeks...

I'm curious: what's your operating system version and Service Pack #, and what version of Internet Explorer are you using?

Couple of quickies:

1. Try an alternate browser such as Firefox, see if your symptoms change.

2. Navigate to Control Panel > Internet Options > Security, set your controls for maximum protection (which should disable Java), see if your symptoms change.

5. rainbows

rainbows Private E-2

I'm using Windows Vista SP2 and IE 9.
    1. This issue occurs on all browsers including Firefox and Chrome.
    2. In this case, the content that requires Java doesn't display at all.

6. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

7. rainbows

rainbows Private E-2

Yes, it does.

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

9. rainbows

rainbows Private E-2

Interestingly enough, everything was fine when JavaRA installed Java 6 Update 6, it worked fine. However, when I manually installed Java 7 Update 10, it stopped working and returned the same error.

10. plodr

Never ran Vista so I have no way of testing, sorry.

In FF, do the following:
    disable plugins.click_to_play in about:config

1. type about:config in the address bar
    2. type plugins in the filter box
    3. scroll down to plugins.click_to_play

My value is false and I have no issues in XP (only one computer in the house has Java installed). Check that yours is set to false also.

11. rainbows

rainbows Private E-2

[Edit] I meant to say that I'm using Windows 7. Sorry if there was any confusion.

12. rainbows

rainbows Private E-2

I just checked and the value is false.

13. plodr

14. rainbows

rainbows Private E-2

As far as I'm aware, all of them have security vulnerabilities so I want to use Java 7 but it has the error which only appears when I use Java 7.:confused

15. plodr

16. rainbows

rainbows Private E-2

Thanks. Java 6 is working fine.

17. rainbows

rainbows Private E-2

I was using the Java Control Panel to check for updates to see if I could update to Java 7 Update 10 and it went out without problems and I no longer had the ClassNotFoundException. However, I if removed Java 6 using JavaRA and installed Java 7 Update 10, manually, I got ClassNotFoundException on all applets.:confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds