don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadydawg, Sep 23, 2013.

1. shadydawg

shadydawg Private E-2

Hey all!! I have a dell Optiplex gx620 pc that beating the ******** out of me... I am trying to install windows xp on it but it keeps freezing at copying driver.cab file an some times even before it reaches there... I took out the hard drive an put it in another computer an it installed with no problems.. So i took i the drive out an put back into the dell an it won't boot I got a blue screen.. So i tried to install windows 7 onto it an it stops at starting windows after loading files.. so i took it out again an placed it in another computer an installed windows 7 onto the hard drive with no problems an placed it back into the dell an same thing stops at starting windows...... So i am trying to run memtest86 an it keeps on freezzing after a few tries it did one pass with no errror but when it was doing the 2nd passed it froze up.. i am using 1 ram a time.. can some direct me to what is going on please:cry

Btw am using a boot cd to run mem test i burned a few cd just in case was a bad burn but all did same thing freezes up

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

I've attempted to put that post in a crucible, and I'll ask this.

I realize you may be collecting e-waste, and are trying to make it work like Edison. I am a Tesla, and let's deal.

Is the original junk build EIDE, AHCI. or optional via the BIOS?

3. shadydawg

shadydawg Private E-2

In the BIOS it has 2options normal an combination.. I tried both of them same results

4. shadydawg

shadydawg Private E-2

in the BIOS it gives 2 options normal an combination.. i tried both same rsults

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, shadydawg.

Because of those indications my next step would be to try different RAM modules or installing the RAM in question in another machine to try to reproduce the symptoms.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds