Gettiong rid of overplay smartdns

Discussion in 'Software' started by lambert7, Nov 18, 2013.

1. lambert7

lambert7 Private E-2

Is the overplay smartdns easy-install program some kind of malware or virus? I only ask as my smartdns sub ended a couple of days ago and since then I have found no way to effectively remove their dns server address from my internet settings.

I found another topic on this forum on a similar subject, however the solution offered did not work

topic in question: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=268958

In addition to this I have tried, to no avail:

changing DNS servers to GoogleDNS
    running ipconfig /flushdns then
    ipconfig /release followed by
    ipconfig/ renew
    deleting history, cookies and cache
    resetting my modem/router
    restarting my computer

It seems no matter what I do when I run ipconfig /all, the DNS server still shows as 176.67.84.19 (the overplay DNS server). As a result I can't access sites like iplayer, ITV player etc despite living in the UK. Is there any way to fix this?

2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Well there is a video on how to change your Ip manually instead of relaying on a program to do it for you.The Video below was made for xp but it might work for windows 7 and vista.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2yvLXQDgAo

Just a warning i would not do this too often.Just once in a full moon.Your IP might call you up and ask way you are chaning your Ip.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds