My dell laptop Screen wont turn on.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dinesh9893, Jan 15, 2014.

1. dinesh9893

dinesh9893 Private E-2

Dell Studio 1558 (i5 2nd Gen, 4GB, 500Gb, 1Gb Graphic)

My laptop screen suddenly shows some small color boxes and goes black but laptop still on.

when I restart, screen shows nothing but Hard disk, CPU fan are running normally.

than I tried this:

1. Power off the computer.
    2. Press and hold the "D" key on the keyboard and then press the power button and wait for the computer to start.
    I just heard only loud beep sound continuously, but screen remain black.

than I tried this:

1) Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for

60 seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop

and It Worked and laptop start normally.

but after 2-3 minutes, it happen again screen gone black(it shows small color boxes and go black)
    than I tried above method once again but this time It's not working.....!

Than I connect the laptop to the external monitor and start, It shows nothing on it. First 10 sec monitor run like working mode(green light) then it goes to offline mode(orange light).

It's like something is resist in laptop to startup.

I don't know what's happening.

Please help.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Have you tried Safe Mode?

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I don't know which version of Windows you're running but, did you get a Blue screen? It appears to me that your graphics card is failing.

4. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Trying an external monitor is always one of my first suggestions as it will tell you if the notebook monitor is the problem, or if the computer (and/or its graphics solution) is the problem.

But you MUST remember to press the necessary Fn + function key combination to enable the external display. Did you?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds