Blue screen of death error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xnitro67, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

was just using 2 screens one game and other google chrome mouse was on the game and as soon as i went over to chrome it froze up and screen came up. different error came up this time dont know if it was driver related or not but i have the file uploaded below.

Attached Files:

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Well, are your drivers up to date and I mean all of them? Can you repeat the problem? If you can;t, it needs to be repeated to make sure what and when.

3. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

I just did it again but no bsod may of just been an issue at the time

4. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

5. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

last one came up today i think i may reinstall windows but the program said something about hal.dll but you guys help me out though

Attached Files:

• 1.txt
      File size:
      1.8 KB
      Views:
  6. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

The older dump was win32k -related, graphics/display/mouse, etc. The newer one is usually hardware:
    Clean the PC internals and check that all cooling is effective, all cables/connections are good.

Update to Service Pack 1 and check that all drivers are at the latest version, connect a vanilla mouse/keyboard and uninstall any old mouse/keyboard software/drivers.

Turn on Driver Verifier for 24-48 hours and try to flush out any bad drivers, once you have a verified dump, zip and upload it, if no crash in the 24-48 hour period, turn DV off.

7. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

ill update it and run the verifier. i never mess with the wiring and stuff it has been cleaned. i didnt even see a blue screen this time it just froze up opening a program and restarted on its own. also i had it extend desktop screen so i can use the optical audio from the tv.

8. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

well.....this is embarrassing went to update and its was turned and never ran guess itll fi the problem ive been having

9. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

another BSOD came up coming out of a N64 emulator full screen. lately it just restarts itself no blue screen. uploaded the error code from the program different file this time(ntoskrnl isnt that a boot file?). also im letting the computer run the verifier for 2 days.

Attached Files:

• 1.txt
      File size:
      2 KB
      Views:
  10. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

ntoskrnl is the Windows kernel - it is Windows. Having a BSOD flag a standard Windows driver/file is the default if no 3rd party driver was found in the call stack, it doesn't mean it was the cause, it was just left holding the smoking gun - the real culprit had already left the scene.

It's another 0x00000124 (0x124), usually it's a self-report by the hardware that causes this, please carefully read and follow the instructions here and then attach the resulting zipped folder (you may need to split the zip to get it/them under the size limit here).

11. Xnitro67

Xnitro67 Corporal

i also put the html file that was from perfmon in the zip

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds