Chromebook Not Recognizing password...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ein85, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Ein85

Ein85 Private E-2

My apologies if this is not where this is supposed to go, please feel free to move it.

So my wife has just purchased an Acer Chromebook C710 a little over three weeks ago and it was working fine, and then this morning it went unresponsive, she signed out and now when she enters her password and e-mail it is saying "The email or password you entered is incorrect." She used her schools e-mail address to sign in and it doesn't end in "gmail.com" but instead "utm.edu", so I don't know if that could be a problem or not. She also has been visiting "watchseries" on the chromebook which led her to putlocker and a couple of sites like that, and I am not familiar enough with a chromebook to know if she can get a virus on this thing or not.

We tried to change her password to no avail. She has all of her school stuff on the thing , and, of course, no back-ups anywhere (I told her to do, but she didn't, but that's another issue altogether), so I would really like NOT to have to wipe it. Anybody got any helpful tips or advice. If I can't restore her account, I would at least like to see if I can create a new one, and access her files through it (much like you can on a PC). Just anything besides wiping the system! Thank you for your time, and have an awesome day!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Ein85

Ein85 Private E-2

Wow there my thread is! I couldn't find it, anyways! The bizzar screen is resolved, ok cool about the virus protection!

Thank you for telling me that once you did I ended fixing the problem, by simply creating a new account. I don't know if it has all of her files on it, but it should have a good portion of them there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds