Isusweb.dll uninstalling?

Discussion in 'Software' started by anon_private, Mar 16, 2014.

1. anon_private

anon_private Private First Class

Hi,

I use personal Software inspector to check for out of date applications.

PSI tells me that isusweb.dll has been discontinued and since no security updates will be issued I should uninstall this program.

Evidently the program is at : c:\windows\downloaded program files\isusweb.dll.

When I look in dpf I do not see this file (all hidden files should be visible). I see it in command prompt.

My question is how do I uninstall isusweb.dll. Evidently, it is part of install shied, which is in common files - there in no uninstall feature here, nor is there any reference in control panel (programs and features).

Advice please

Ps install shield is a Macrovision product
    My OS is Vista 32 bit

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Generally this file is a core component to allow apps to install, but you could try this route to uninstall HERE the only thing is that I do not know what this may break on your PC for other applications.

PSI I do run on some PCs and advise friends to run it to allow them to easily keep their PCs up to date, now in some instances with older OSes like XP some applications will become out of date, and you need to weigh up the risk on these un-updates apps and white list or remove them from the update scan (right click and ignore updates) as some applications may never be updated again, BUT they are something you like and use or need.

3. anon_private

anon_private Private First Class

Thanks for responding.

I do not know what may break either if I uninstall installshield (isusweb.dll is part of this program).

I don't think that isusweb.dll will be updated again.

If it is safe, I would prefer to allow PSI to ignore the program, but I am unsure regarding security (there will be no further security updates). I assume that many others are in the same position.

I use Vista 32 bit

What is your advice.

Best wishes.

A

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds