Slow "right click"

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dekade, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

Win7 SP1. - In the last few weeks I have just started experiencing a SLOW right click response. It happens when I right click on a desktop icon or when I'm in a Windows Explorer window and want to rename something or add a new folder. Any ideas what could be the cause?
    All other issues on the computer are running great and fast. Just a major slow right click response.

Hate to bring it up but the right click issue seems to coincide with a failed system restore. I wanted to restore back to a date before I installed a CAD program. Failed restore brought up the error - 0xc0000022

I haven't went into resolving the code yet because I really don't know how to resolve it.

Thanks for any help.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

Thanks plodr,

I have glanced over the areas you have pointed out to me. I will have to study them later today when I have more time. I do think I can grasp what you have advised me to do. We shall see. I'll be back with any problems that I might run into.

Dekade

4. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

plodr,

Thank you for the information you supplied me on the ShellExView. The process outlined DID correct my issues of a slow right click response.

Regards,

Dekade

5. plodr

Glad you got your right click menu under control and reporting back it worked.

6. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Can't remember but can the thread header be changed to Solved/resolved...etc?

P.s. gday plodr

7. plodr

gday Bold Eagle.
    I don't think they mark anything solved here.

8. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds