What do I need to take screen shots?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ColonelAngus, May 20, 2004.

1. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

I need to take a screen shot on my computer but I don't know how to. Can someone explain what I need and how to do it please.

Thanks.

2. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

On your keyboard is a button that says "Print Scrn". Hit that button, and then go to photo editing software such as Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, Adesign, Irfanview, or some such program. Go to Edit, and then hit Paste. This should put whatever is on your screen into your photo editing program. I think there is also a way to take screenshots of smaller windows, you can hit Ctrl while you hit PrintScrn, and see what that does. Experiment!
    Hope this helps!
    Eric

3. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

4. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

I can get it that far........how do you get into the reply on MG??

5. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi ColonelAngus :)
    I use screen hunter which is very simple even i can understand it ;) Or as our friend eclayton says these are other good options

Regards

6. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

Thanks everybody. :) It all seems so easy.

I just realized that I have microsoft paint! :D I can't believe I went a year without realizing my windows xp came with such a program. :eek: :D :D

Thanks again. :)

7. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

First thing you have to do is check the file size of your image. MG won't take images over 100K in size. If yours is too large, you can either shrink it down or reduce the image quality to about 50% which should make a 1024x768 image small enough to send.

OR, if you're just wanting to send a screenshot of an open window, hit ALT + Print Screen to capture just the active window, which will be much smaller.

Then in the post entry screen, scroll down to the bottom of the page, hit the "Manage Attachments" button, then "Browse", find the image on your hard drive where you saved it, double click that file, then hit the "Upload" button. Wait until it's done uploading then hit the submit button for the post.

8. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Sheez.......Thanks GT. I never looked down there, I always tried the icons on top. Thank you for that clarification....:eek:

9. rice56

rice56 Private First Class

i use a program called hoversnap.

10. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

Thanks for the info, GT. I haven't been on this site for awhile and only just now read your reply.

Now I will post many pictures.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds