Before or After Poll

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by G.T., Jul 6, 2004.

?

Yes or no on regrowing my mustache?

1. Yes, get it back! It hides at least some of your face.

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. Leave it off. Doesn't look any worse without it.

23 vote(s)
    60.5%
  1. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

I had a stupid accident with a mustache trimmer and wrecked my mustache. Ended up shaving the whole darned thing off, for the first time in about 20 years.

Now I've gotten used to seeing that in the mirror every day, but while my hair has stayed mostly brown, my beard has gone mostly grey, and I think it may be time to lose the mustache, as I think I look younger without it. Not necessarily better (that would take skilled surgery), but younger at least.

So what do you think? Regrow the mustache or leave it off?

(NOTE: I take no responsibility for whatever the professional photochoppers may do to these.)

First pic was taken at Eric Clayton's concert in Jackson MS a few months ago (most recent I have prior to tonight).

Attached Files:

2. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Grow it back in my opinion.

But sometimes change can be good.

Whatever makes YOU happy.

:)

3. G.T.

The new (?) me. Taken tonight:

Attached Files:

4. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Where's the pic of you without it G.T.? I can't vote without seeing the "after" shot.
    But you are just so darn cute anyway :D

My husband shaved his mustache off after having it since he was a teen and I had never seen him without it, he looked ten years younger....so... :)

Oh there it is.

Keep it off.;)

5. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

No mustache G.T. for PREZ!!!!

6. G.T.

Hey, this is my pole. Go climb one of your own. :D

7. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Definitely without the 'stache.

You look younger too :)

8. G.T.

I look sweaty. Should have taken that picture BEFORE cutting the grass.

9. Gottheit

Gottheit General Logic

Grow it back, but this time you should grow a goatee along with it.

btw, killer shades. I used to have some just like those, but they broke when I sat on them. Go figure. =/

10. G.T.

LOL. Those aren't shades, they're my standard Hubbel-focus glasses. Flash photography does weird things to them.

Hm. Mustache and goatee, both grey. Mephistophiles maybe?

11. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

I don't don't know which version I prefer. I'm used to seeing you with a 'stache, but you do look okay without it too.

Maybe leave it off for a while, and see how it goes. :confused:

12. IMSA

IMSA Private First Class

After. I had a stash for30 years ( since high school) and just shaved it off a year ago.

IMSA

13. Shiver Me Timbers

Shiver Me Timbers MajorGeek

Well, I like a mustache. I say grow it back. But that is my on opinion. Do what you like (or what your wife tells you to do).

14. G.T.

If I had a wife, I'd likely not be asking for all your opinions. ;)

15. Shiver Me Timbers

Shiver Me Timbers MajorGeek

16. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

I shaved mine off awhile back...told the wife one year, no more. I'm getting used to being ugly this way though rather than with it so will probably leave it off.:eek:

17. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

grow it back

18. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i think you look very handsome both ways. shaving is a drag so I'm told but if you already shave your face, whats the difference....so keep it off. PS. there IS NO looking 'younger'. even surgery IMO doesn't make people look younger...just weird in their skin. much aloha

19. debbie

debbie Private First Class

keep it off!!! :)

20. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Leave the mustache off and see you can go for smaller size glasses (in height that is) - prescription permitting. :)

21. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

Think I saw you with one, (seeing things again). You look good both ways.
    Have one in cold season, shave it off in warm/hot season........... ;)

22. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Sergeant

I tried growing one 20 years ago. Didn't like it. Too much maintenance for a lazy guy like me. My wife doesn't want me to grow one, which is good.

Anyway, keep it off. Unless you like saving food for later.:)
    While you're at it, you should cut your hair shorter. Then you can towel dry it, and you won't have to comb it.

Speaking of hair cuts, I need to cut mine this morning. It's really easy using a clipper. And when you don't care how short it is, you can't screw up.:D

23. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

complete makeover ideas

You're getting some "complete makeover" ideas, hope you don't mind. :p

I think guys who have grayer beards, mustaches, than the rest of their hair always look older so -- you do look younger without the mustache.

Yes, of course, do what makes you "happy" -- and shaving can be a pain (my man tells me, anyway) but (I think) you DO look younger and happier without that heavy, gray mustache on your lip. :)

(I kind of agree with the shorter haircut idea too. You can't go wrong with shorter hair. True for pretty much everyone - even females as they get older too)

24. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

Grow it back:D:D

If you gonna run for president I say you need to grow it back:D:D

25. G.T.

The shorter hair is just a matter of time. It's been about 2 months since last haircut; I'm overdue now. Although I've never been fond of REAL short, but that's just me. My hair is naturally straight as a ruler. Either it's got to be crew-cut short, or it's got to be long enough to comb down & stay there, and I don't like the crew-cuts, so somewhere in between generally.

Complete makeover would require a skilled surgeon.... I not THAT vain. :D

My glasses aren't that large, and I need what's there for the bifocal thing, although I've got the progressive lenses that don't look like split lenses. It's not that they're big, they just make my eyes look small. That's the prescription, darn it, although they look worse in pictures than in real life... a little bit... I hate em. ;)

26. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

My husbands prescription is like that too GT, but we were able to get him glasses that were way smaller, he was surprised and I was happy. Go see, won't cost anything to look :)
    I thought he looked great with the new specs and then his mum sees him and says "Aren't they a bit small?"
    No mustache = younger looking
    Smaller specs = younger looking, wow, you are going to look grrrrrr eat :D

27. G.T.

Now THERE'S a thought!

An odd one, but it's a thought. :D

28. Vonnie

Vonnie Sergeant

Leave it off and see if you have more offers :D :p
    Then if your not happy with the results, let it grow back. :)

29. G.T.

Well, anything above zero would be "more". :D

30. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

what he said

31. slider

slider Major Wise-***

Looks fine either way. I prefer a mustache because I hate shaving, and my wife had a cow when I accidentally shaved it off - she had never seen me without one - and told me I had no lips :rolleyes:

32. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

gt Ive got 'progressives' too. wish i had the money for laser surgery. aloha

33. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

The girls say that kissing a man without a moustache is like eating an egg without salt. ;)

34. G.T.

My ex wasn't all that fond of it. Heavy, stiff beard, the hairs actually poked her when kissing.

35. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

Then try not to get THAT excited.

36. G.T.

LOL :p :p :p :D

37. zimpal

zimpal Private First Class

The moustache looked just fine. It was neatly trimmed. Some men aren't as well groomed and their moustache looks like an asphalt broom. It makes them look like a charicature of Sven the Swedish Janitor.
    Also, untrimmed moustaches turn beverage cans into plucking devices. You take a sip and "DOINK". OUCH!

38. Fraunzonk

Fraunzonk Private First Class

Didn't you eat your carrots as a kid?:mad: Kids those days....I tell ya.....

39. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Keep it off, it's a cleaner look. I used to have one and my girlfriend told me I looked like a motorcycle cop, so I had to shave it off. Steve

40. G.T.

I ate everything except brussels sprouts. Those are evil. Needed glasses in 1st grade, finally got them in 3rd, and for several years they got bad so fast I had to get new prescriptions about every 6 months. About broke my parents keeping me in glasses.

41. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Wel that's your problem, right there! Everyone knows that Brussel Sprouts are the magic eye vegetable. It's simple
    Look how many people wear glasses
    &
    Look how many people hate brussel sprouts.
    Sooo, if you don't eat brussel sprouts you need glasses :D
    Coincidence? I think not :p

42. G.T.

Remind me to draft you for my next debating team.

43. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

That's is just ,,,,,, strange. I think you're brussel sprouts have found themselves in a little known place, in the backwoods part of the Twilight ZOne,,,,:D

44. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Actually, I thought that was pretty clever :p and it looked scientific!
    And can you prove otherwise? Hmmm.
    Damn straight, thought not :p

45. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

The same could be said about mincemeat,, or holiday fruitcake. Hey,, lets all eat lousy stuff everyday,, and we'll never need glasses,, or hearing aids,, or rowing machines,, :cool:

46. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

But we weren't talking about them were we?:D
    I still think it was clever :p
    Don't shout at me :(

47. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

Eh?? shout at you?? I would never do that. All is in fun kiwi,,, :)

48. G.T.

I think she's still miffed about sitting at home while you were out partying with the Hooter girl(s).

Hell hath no fury...

:D

49. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

Sorry Piemaker. Hey,, we can still do a weekend of debauchery if you want. The hooters girl was just a figment of my imagination. (sorry Musky)

:)

50. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Oh I know, sorry, my sensitive side is showing ;)

could do with that weekend :p
    But not to Hairy Palms!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds