Bash Kodo: Fund-Raiser for Wraith's Sister Debbie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kodo, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

reference this link here for background info
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=391665#post391665

if you wish to participate please sign up here

http://bashkodo.hopto.org/signup.asp

login here

http://bashkodo.hopto.org/login.asp

This is an effort to help raise money for Wraith's (Jack's) sister Debbie who was injured last month. ALL Proceedes will go to her medical bills.

The potato-gun balloon launching is pending approval from my neighbor who has a potato-gun that I wish to borrow.

This is for fun. I will tape the balloon tossing and have a 3rd party count the slices.

Thanks for your help!

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

How convinient!

Will you have a paypal account I can transfer to? I think thats the only way I could transfer the money really.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Good thinking.. I will look into that.

4. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

Kodo

can you mail me a password

I did not get one and I cannot get in without one

thanks

5. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Kodo, I registered, got authorized and attempted to pledge. I am not sure it wnet through. Registered as Tate Miles. Did it go through?

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Yep, you went through ok..

7. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

You better let me know the when's and where's... I've been out of work for the last month and need to get out of the house :D Besides, we need to have plenty of photos' for the geeks :D
    Gonna go format the CF cards right now :D

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Kodo, you think you could email my password? I forgot it ;) (no, seriously, I have!)

9. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Just curious Kodo. How many people have signed up & pledged so far?

10. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Kodo always knew you were a good guy, awesome thing your doing id be tempted to shout a few pounds in, but im based in the UK and dont particulary like Paypal, so would a personal cheque work out?
    Anyone got any ideas maybe i could do a bank transfer? aint got a clue really
    But would definitely like to chip in :D

11. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

11 so far with a total pledge max of 366.50 USD

12. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

You could probably send the check right to Jack.

13. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

when I have time I'll post the link to the United Planters Bank in Illinois where the fund is located. Just reference the Deborah J.C. Morrow Special Fund when transferring monies there. I don't have the time right now to look it up but will do so later on (I believe I have already posted it in an earlier post but not sure, maybe a search would turn it up for you).

Jack

14. General_Lee_Stoned

Okay thanks ill look into the exchange rate, then sign up at Kodos site with my pledge and once completed i will send the money direct to the bank if thats okay with everybody
    Jack no rush ill try searching for the link if not just post it when you get time

15. General_Lee_Stoned

Okay well i think i done it ok, registered under my real name David hopefully it should total $37.50 which should be £20 in UK money

16. G.T.

Address for the bank nearest Debby:

Deborah J. C. Morrow Special Account Fund
    Union Planters Bank of Illinois
    500 WEST MAIN
    CARBONDALE, IL 62901

17. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

My pledge MAX would be €0,56 - which is more than the transferring costs, see why I've not pledged?

18. G.T.

Will take the thought for the deed. $100.00 check to the Lemon family is done. :)

19. Shadowchaser

Thank you G.T. for providing that address and contact information. I have not really been good for much today. Can't seem to get motivated. Am waiting on my dad to call with news on how Debbie is doing now. If I don't hear anything soon I'm going to call him. This will determine if I go to St. Louis or not. We are all praying hard and appreciate all of your prayers and thoughts. Thanks again guys, you are really terrific.

Jack

20. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

we're up to 423.50..

I've chosen my Pizza maker and this will take place on the 25th of this month. 12pm to 8pm EST.

Thank you to all who have pledged.. :cool:

21. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Kodo:
    I still can't put in any # for the pizza slices or the max amount.The only button that works is the "update pledge" one. Can do it on the right by the balloon thing. If it doesn't work next time, I'll just mail you the check, ok?

22. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

login, erase the $0.00 in the fields for slices and put in a DOLLAR amount. You don't put in how many slices I am to eat, but how much per slice that you sponsor. You're more than welcome to send directy to the fund. :)

23. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Sweeet! Gonna need directions to your house bro.. got a fresh CF card for the cam too :D

24. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Okay I'll send direct. I don't have a $ space for the slices. That's what is wrong!!!
    Have I learned nothing here?? :)

25. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

you should see this

Attached Files:

26. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

How many people have bought water baloons? I want a baloon with my name on it! :p

27. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Are you going to video tape this and put it somewheres for me to download? lol

28. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Nope, no "per slice" or "max" box for the amounts. The words are there, just nowhere to put the values. Just the update pledge button. I could try registering again?

29. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I have submitted for Jim and myself on behalf of the website. Be afraid, 30 balloons will hurt.

30. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

No, it's a css issue. the other box is overlapping to the left too much. I'll fix it when I get a chance.

What browser are you using so I can test it out with it?

31. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

damn, and all this time I thought you liked me.. :eek: now I see it's pure hate..lol ;)

32. Shadowchaser

I appreciate all that you folks have done. I must admit that I am at a loss for words. They have taken Debbie off of life support today, she is still breathing on her own but the neurologists says that she has minimal brain activity and if she were to come out of it she would most likely be a vegetable. The only thing left to us is to wait until her body realizes that her brain is dead and we get the phone call. Waiting is such agony. I am so sorry to have to report this to you all who have held such a vigil with me for so long. God bless you all.

Jack

33. Major Attitude

Sorry to hear that. I am going through similar with my Grandma who has been slowly dying for a year. Shes now at a local hospital again, but its been back and forth like this for the longest time. Its difficult to watch and even moreso to wait knowing that the call is coming. I expected that call again Monday night actually. The best to you and your family in these difficult times!

34. Shadowchaser

My sister, Deborah June Corzine Morrow passed away tonight at 10:18 p.m. at St. Louis University Hospital. She fought a long and hard fight and has left us with many great memories of a great lady. Please continue to pray for her immediate family as we now proceed with the process of continuing on with our lives. I wish to thank the administrators and owners of this board for allowing me to share some of my sister's plight with you. It was not something that was necessary on their part and shows just how wonderful you people really are. I truly don't know how to thank you.

Jack

35. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

I am so sorry to hear that Wraith

I am truly saddened by the news you bring

May your sister rest in peace and may
    Our God give you and your family the strenght needed for the days ahead

God be with you

36. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

My heart goes out to you and your family. I have a family funeral service to attend tomorrow, I will say a prayer for you and yours.

37. Major Attitude

There is no need to thank anyone. I think we were all here for you, as much as was possible, because we all feel that although we do not know each other on a personal level, we are all friends.

Best wishes to you and your family.

38. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Jack, I am so very sorry to hear this. :( I am still going through with this and hope to raise something to help with the upcoming costs. I know it's not much, but every little bit will count.

Go be with your family now. We're not going anywhere and we'll be here when you get back.

39. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Jack, you and your family are in my prayers. God bless you all.

40. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I am so sorry :(

41. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

I'm very sorry to hear this Jack, I don't know what else to say... :(

42. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

What a terribly sad time for your family. I can not imagine what you are going through after being so physically and mentally exhausted from walking this long road alongside her while she was in the hospital and seeing her go through so much over all this time. I am so sorry also.

43. Vonnie

Vonnie Sergeant

Words dont seem to be enough at a time like this.
    All of Deborah's family are in our prayers.
    God bless you all.

44. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I have nothing to add Jack to what good words that have already been said here, I'm not a religious person but your family will see a light at the end of the tunnel and Debbie is a peace now after a brave struggle with the forces of nature.

Remember the great and happy times you all had together.

David

45. G.T.

Good for you Kodo. Even though the struggle is over, the bills all remain. Still much needed for those that are shouldering the burden.

Jack, not a lot I can say except for offering continued prayers that you and your family all pull through this OK. Lean on each other & remember and share all the good memories.

46. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Jack, I am so very sorry to hear this.
    My sincerest condolences to you and your family at this tragic time

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  47. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Echoing everything that has been said.

Prayerfully,

Ken

48. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

My prayers are with you and your family. Peace unto you and yours, Tate

49. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

I, also, want to say my thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family. I am sorry for your tragedy.
    There are no good words to say, just know we are thinking of you....

Gal

50. Shadowchaser

Just wished to let you all know a few items before Kodo continues with his endeavor. First, I am so glad to have people like you all to call friends. Be it in person or online it makes no difference, it is the support that is given, the love that is shared, the tenderness and the kindness that flows generously from each individual that is so touching and brings us together. I have been online for over 14 years now (first on bbs' and then the infamous Internet) and during that time have fostered many relationships with long distance friends. All of them are near and dear to my heart. I'm not certain if it is because while on an electronic medium we are able to express ourselves without feeling quite as invasive as we do in person or if we express ourselves in such a manner because to us it is a way to bring warmth and emotion to an otherwise emotionless medium. It matters little. What matters is that we, as a community of like-minded individuals, are able to band together and to give each other what we all need in troubled times. That is our friendship and our fellowship. I cannot repay what has been given to me here. The support and the kind words go so much further to help me than any amount of money ever could. Friendship is priceless and should be cherished as such. We live in a material world but we must never forget that the immaterial is so much more important than the material.

My dad is compiling all of the emails and forum posts that have been keeping us all informed over this troubling time. He will be placing all of these in a journal of sorts for Ted and the children to have, to be able to see all of the support that was given to us all during this time. Support from people who hardly knew who we were but who were kind enough and HUMAN enough to share in our agony, thereby taking some of the burden upon themselves. Selflessly shouldering our problems and lending much needed support. You all have been a portion of that support structure and should feel proud to have done so. I am proud to call each and every one of you who have helped friend.

My sister was a wonderful person, she was a leader in many ways and as such she had many friends. She would have been proud to have met all of you if that had been possible. She was an open and honest person who had her own share of griefs but always took the time to help someone in need. When we lost our house last September due to medical costs that had overwhelmed me, she offered to help in any way she could. She took my dog for me and gave her a good home even though it caused some hardships onto her family. She travelled up to help us and to make certain that we were actually ok and not just saying that we were. She offered many things that would have placed herself into a hardship situation. She was a wonderful person. You would have liked her. I only wish that you could have met her.

Please don't let this end here. If you are in need please don't be too proud to ask for the assistance that we, as a community can offer. Too many times we let pride and stubborness get in our way and don't ask for help. Many hands make the load light. I'm starting to ramble now merely because there is so much I wish to say. I cannot find the words. All that I can ask is that each and every one of you reflect on what is really important in this world. Friendship and fellowship are so much more vital to the human community than all the money in the world. Please, don't ever change.

Jack

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds