how do you change your status?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eric06, Jul 31, 2004.

1. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

i know i am new to this board and still trying to figure it out. but ya'll seem like nice geeks so i am gonna ask a stupid question. how do you get a rank? is it based on number of postsm or what? thanks.

eric

2. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Yes, the number of posts is what changes your status. The ranks are based on the US national army rankings. When you are just starting out you get one when you reach 30 posts. Then you get one at 100. Then after that it goes every 100 posts. When you reach 1000 though you become major geek. At any time in between though it can be altered and customized by an administrator.

3. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

oh ok. i get it. thanks alot neonemesis.

eric

4. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

not a problem, i think almost everyone that joined here asked that question one time or another including me.

5. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

HEY - no such thing as a stupid question.

You can be "given a title" (see my thread called "NEO needs a title"). Mine was given to me - probably not under the best of circumstances and I don't even know what it means though a couple of guys claim they do... :rolleyes:
    A few times I've joked around with CaNo (a teenage girl) that PG means "Protector of Girls" 'cause I've come to her rescue few times down here in the lounge... ;)

6. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

yeah, basically its just a joke when you get a custom title. I mean like chaslangs is "anti spyware man" since he takes care of all the spyware type problems. Like pegg said there is no stupid question. I mean, if I question was stupid, it wouldn't be a question.

7. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

good point. thanks guys.

eric

8. Doc43

Doc43 Private First Class

I never really paid much ado about it as I don't think posting here 1000 times would make me any smarter. Reading 1000 posts and trying to understand what your talking about that's a whole different thing.

9. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

yeah that kinda goes along with the joke thing. It doesn't do anything to your posting ability. Just like gatorade doesn't make you a better player.

10. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

WHAT? gasp -- whatd'ya mean?

What about Nike shoes? They help me jump higher though, right? Right? ;)

11. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

yeah, just like mohawks make you aerodynamic lol :p:)

12. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

mohawks also make you popular with the ladies. :) right ladies? cause i just got one cut and painted red and blue. it makes me good looking RIGHT? ha ha joking
    had to throw that one in here,

eric

13. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

mohawks were so 90s..... lol

14. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

post a pic! ;)

15. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Oh Neo, they were so popular long before the 90s. A few decades before.

16. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

in da 50's o and in the 60's o yes saw some in the 70's too, and just a few from the 80's........you covered the 90's, and I some three guys and two girls just last week that sported that hair style..........wobbles

17. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Yeah but nobody has them anymore. Everyone today is doing that gell thing.

18. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

I went to high school with this guy who grew his mohawk all 4 years, by the time he was a senior, his mohawk was almost 3 feet tall LOL... the dude used all kinds of stuff to keep it standing straight, as his hair was curly as hell, and the color changed almost daily. Make's ya wonder how fried his hair was when he finally cut it :)

19. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

I just went out with friends for ice cream and we walked to the place and passed four "scary" punks -- one had a major mohawk ;)

20. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

I know what your talking about pegg. There a bunch of people like that and I guess they can express themselves all they want. As long as it doesn't offend someone or hurt someone. But it makes you wonder where his parents are???

21. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

HAHAHAH!! that's not what I was thinking when i gave it to you.. so no.. you don't even know what your own title means and I'm gonna keep it that way for my own amusement :)

22. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I don't even remember what mine is.. CP gets bored and changes it randomly and i never bother to pay any kind of attention...

23. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Agent Pie .. :duh:

24. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

ooo tell me what it means, tell me tell me tell me! :)

25. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

he said it was a reference to some movie i havent seen... so I don't get it. I know what pi is, but like, no idea who AGENT pi is.

26. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

no, you got your own.. now shoo..

27. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

I know I don't know - If you read my post I said:
    But hey, you are not the "almighty title-maker". Abby likes me and she can help me if I ask her to change mine since I'm not sure I like whatever thought(??) you guys had (you had a thought?) :)

28. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Ooooohhhh!!!!

29. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

That's okay, Phantom, I'm only talking about 2 guys here, and I believe one of them doesn't frequent the boards anymore.

You're off the hook. 'Member, your major-mondo-photog-chop-shop-whop-man to me. Keep posting those pics... :) :) :) :) :)

30. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

doing all that, it fell out...........wobbles

31. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Pegg,

I believe the PG means Parent/Guardian like in the movie ratings. :)

32. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

33. smokinbls

smokinbls the title thing is overrated

blah blah my up load of an image did not work

34. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

I can live with that -- I don't watch much beyond a PG rating myself these days....what a waste of time!

Plus the initials of my first and middle name are PG -- weird, eh?

35. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

awesome your middle name is Goofy?

36. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Wow - you're amazing, how'd you guess my middle name?

Maybe we'll say that PG stands for "Pretty Goofy" -- guess that fits too

(let's just see when the next time is that I come to your side and start a thread to try to HELP you, little boy)

37. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

(magical powers). *wink* *wink* ^_^

38. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Are you really winking at me?

I mean this ;) is a "fun" wink.

This *wink* *wink is like a "real" wink.

Hey, hubby, come and look at this youngin' will you?

Uh-oh, he's comin' for you now, NEO. And may I add, he's like, 6'4" - You can run but you can't hide.

39. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

lol, i was using the quick post thingy and i didn't know what the command for the wink thingy was rite away so I figured I would just do that. lol

40. Ocelot

Ocelot Private First Class

Corny, I know.

Q: How do you change your status?
    A: By moving up the social ladder....

:p

41. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

yes we had a thought...it's a goof.
    aside from that.. asking for a title change usually ends up in you having something bizzare .. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds