Some simple HTML trouble

Discussion in 'Software' started by NeoNemesis, Aug 24, 2004.

1. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

im trying to make a form so that the visitors on my site can fill in their name, and email address and then type a message in a textarea, and then click a button that says submit and then they it will send the message to my email address. but for some reason it wont send it to my email address.... here is what i got so far::::

<form action="mailto:desmondp@gmail.com" method="POST" enctype="text/plain"><br>
    <p>Message Me<br>
    Your first name: <input type="text" size="15" maxlength="25"><br>
    Your Email: <input type="text" size="15" maxlength="25"><br>
    <textarea name="message" cols="50" rows="5" wrap="virtual"></textarea>
    <p><br>
    <p><input type="button" value="Send">

</form>

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

not going to work.

see if your host has a mail script you can use.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Well, you can use a javascript to send all the info they put in to their email client, but you can't send the email directly from the page. Like kodo says, you need some server side stuff if you want it to go directly from the website.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds